• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bouncy Shoreland'r Trailer? Carlisle Stands Behind Their Product

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
#Yamaha it would be awesome if you could fix this and perhaps issue something along the lines of a #TSB to your dealers.
Someone posted that a tsb had been issued by Yamaha; I read it and noticed that it had incorrect and incomplete information in it as to which years and models were affected. The dealer just needs to contact Shoreland'r (who has an accurate account of the scope of the impacted trailers) and it will get taken care of.

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Contacted Shoreland'r today about my trailer fenders. they were replaced last fall but after my drive home from the dealer I found a couple bolts gone and cracks around some bolts again. They are shipping me the new fenders and brackets. Hopefully this is the end of the madness.

syates

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got 4 new radials from Carlisle the other day and my fender brackets were replaced by dealer. Now I only need my engine hatch replaced due to gelcoat cracking. It pays to be persistant.

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just installed my new Carlisle Radial (HD) tires - they are light years ahead of the bias ply tires. Just towed the boat 400 miles in 95 degree heat up 4000 feet of elevation (California grapevine) and the ride was remarkable.
Now I have to replace the cracked fender, but the new Carlisle tires are really impressive. They had a bad reputation in the past, but they are really much better now.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Argh. After about 8000 miles my brackets finally cracked. The actual fenders are still fine though with the big fender washers on there. I guess I'll give shorelander a call and see if they'll just send me a pair of brackets.

JEvanoff

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My fenders and brackets had cracked and where replaced at end of last year. So they are new. Both sides. However not with the new improved brackets. I contacted Midwest Industries and then had my dealer call them and they are replacing the new with the new. Not sure why they are replacing the new fenders other then the brackets might not be compatible with them.
View attachment 53119 These new brackets are now a quarter inch is thick!
I just received my new fenders today. They are the new improved bracket. Are they only held on by 1 - 5/16 bolt? The old fender is held on by 3 bolts. It looks like you could drill through the plastic and put another bolt in on the inside but that doesn't seem right to go to plastic only. Does anyone have pics that the dealer mounted these maybe a different way?

Last edited:

JEvanoff

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I talked to Ed at Shorelandr trailers today, he confirmed the new fenders only have 1 mounting bolt in the middle verses the old fender of 3. He said the bolt is a 3/8" bolt but the new fenders didn't include a mounting bolt for the middle and the old one uses 5/16" bolts. I guess I'll use one of the old 5/16" bolts and hope for the best...

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
got my tires today.......

File Jul 13, 5 48 04 PM.jpeg

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
As an update - 700 miles of towing on my new Carlisle Radials in 100F at 65-70mph- much better. Going to lake Trinity for another 600 miles this weekend and will provide further feedback.

bobs4state

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I am experiencing these vibration issues now and they are significant. I contacted the company, and unfortunately, they are not sending me new tires, a fender, or anything. They are making me go to the dealer to get the fender and a bracket replaced in hopes that this will solve the vibration problem. Call me stupid, but I do not see how non-moving parts can be the cause of a vibration. Am I wrong here? I'm just annoyed that they boat will have to go in the shop (45 miles away) for something that is a known issue, and will probably sit there while they order parts and diagnose the known problem.

bobs4state

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I called and spoke to a rep and let them know what issues I was having with the vibrations. I told her that I was on the forums and a few members were having the same issues with the bias ply tires. I informed her that my trailer placard called for radial. She then sent me the forms and I filled them out and sent it back. Still waiting to hear back.
Can you tell me who you talked to? I am not having the same experience.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I do not see how non-moving parts can be the cause of a vibration.
Those brackets do not cause vibration but rather allow it (or may even propagate it). With new radials I see less vibration, but it is still present. I suspect the new brackets may be more stiff and may reduce vibration even further?
The real danger though is with the diamond plates cracking (due to vibration) and coming off and slashing your tires. I have used a modified version of the 2" fender washer/neoprene padding method of @McMark and it seems to hold very well.

--

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just called Carlisle. They told me I can request radials but first I need to take my trailer to a tire shop. Then the tire shop has to tell me that the trailer tires are out of round then I would call them back and go through the warranty process. She told me I had two years. All I know is when I'm driving down the highway the fender Shake pretty bad and I have a 2017 ar240.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just called Carlisle. They told me I can request radials but first I need to take my trailer to a tire shop. Then the tire shop has to tell me that the trailer tires are out of round then I would call them back and go through the warranty process. She told me I had two years. All I know is when I'm driving down the highway the fender Shake pretty bad and I have a 2017 ar240.
that sucks - I didnt have to do that

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@mattschepker Your tires are out of round. You can quote me. ;)

Nickp98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length
I talked to Robyn and she made the process very easy... Also made mention that this happens very often.. They are sending me 5 new tires and paying for mounting, balancing and repairs to the fenders. That to me is a big customer service win! Discount Tire quoted me $125 to mount and balance the 5 new tires so they will at least get that out of it... I also lost 2 bolts on the Shelbyville trip and its only 230 miles or so each way for me.