• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bouncy Shoreland'r Trailer? Carlisle Stands Behind Their Product

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
There is a Yamaha service bulletin dated January 27, 2017 acknowledging and addressing this issue with modified brackets and neoprene washers under the bolt's. Will attach, but I'm not sure if it will be viewable...

Attachments

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is a Yamaha service bulletin dated January 27, 2017 acknowledging and addressing this issue with modified brackets and neoprene washers under the bolt's. Will attach, but I'm not sure if it will be viewable...
They are definitely off with the scope of the problem as it clearly extends to trailers that were built in 2014. Very disappointing that they can't do things right.

Last edited:

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
My trailer is listed as a 2017 model that I purchased in March of 2016, they are referring to Build date or manufacturing date NOT Model year...

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My mfg date is 07/2014. It's a 2015 trailer. Although I and others who have the same vintage trailers are impacted by this problem, our trailers are not included in the scope of the service bulletin. I'll be calling Shorelandr' about this.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am glad it is being addressed but am optimistic that will solve the issue. What is going to happen to that L bracket when someone steps on the middle of the fender? A welded triangle support in the L is probably need and a bolt to go through the inner plastic fender wall to reduce vibration. Throwing another poorly engineered bracket at this is just a cheap fix.

I love the small percentage of units claim and no real recall. This was will happen to every one of these trailers out there eventually and they know it.

I will absolutely buy Carlisle products in the future but will never buy another midwest industries product.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I completely missed that! Thank you @Rod5

--

Last edited:

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got off the phone with ShoreLand'r.
I spoke with Gary Bolles regarding the Yamaha service bulletin, specifically about my concern regarding the date range that Yamaha specified.
He said not to worry about that. If you've got a cracked fender, they'll take care of it.
I'll be putting about 4500 miles on the trailer in July, so it's nice to know that they'll fix the fenders if they've cracked again once I get to Calgary.
"Don't worry, we'll take care of you."

MazzyDan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Am I missing something. Wasn't the biggest consensus on here was that the radial tires drasictly helped with vibration. The last part on that bulletin in smaller lettering at the bottom of page states that the bias tires are not the contributing factors. Well anyway I'll be contacting my dealer to see if they will replace the brackets with the new ones even though I just had new brackets and fenders put on of the older style. Then go buy good set of radials to replace the bias

MazzyDan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well Carlisle comes through again. Even after the Yamaha Bulletin comes out. I just received an email from then saying I should receive 5 new replacement radials within 7 days and if not h asks to contact hem back right away. I went to my dealer and asked if they received any bulletin from Yamaha and they did not. They also explained that everything is slow getting up north of th boarder. But I should still be able to get the heavier duty brackets

MazzyDan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Look what arrived today. Carlisle comes through in record speed. I made a quick phone call Tuesday (Feb 14th), got a reply Thursday (Feb 16th) from Robyn Flemming and tires already here in less than one week (Feb 22nd). No questions asked. What great service. So now just to get my Dealer to get in touch with Midwest Industries, manufacturer of Shoreland'r Trailer to replace the brace and hardware. I already had 2 new Fenders put on at end of season during winterization. My Dealer has been phenomenal with any issues with my boat or trailer. I'm very fortunate to have such a dealer. (Hully Gully the Ultimate Toy Store, London, Ontario). Sorry, Just had to give a shout out to them.

So for anyone who has this problem still contact Carstar and get the new radials as they are still sending them out on warranty. I just sent an email to customer.care@carlstargroup.com with pictures, bill of sale, pic of trailer tag and brief description of issue I was having and I did mention this great group I belong to. Pictures of damage is great proof but as you can see in my earlier post the only pic I had was the diamond plate lifted up due to losing the bolts. There was no question. Had new tires in a week

image.jpeg

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally got mine in!

Attachments

MazzyDan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I contacted my dealer about switching out to the heavier beefier brace and neoprene washers under bolts even though I had all new fenders and brackets put on at end of season. I had to contact Gary Bolles myself first as my dealer told me it was a US bulletin only. Gary was super nice and said didn't matter where I lived. Now they will not only replace the brace but apparently going to replace the new fenders I had on with new fenders. I'm told the new braces are not compatible with the older version fenders. I'm not going to complain. Just get my trailer up to snuff.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I contacted my dealer about switching out to the heavier beefier brace and neoprene washers under bolts even though I had all new fenders and brackets put on at end of season. I had to contact Gary Bolles myself first as my dealer told me it was a US bulletin only. Gary was super nice and said didn't matter where I lived. Now they will not only replace the brace but apparently going to replace the new fenders I had on with new fenders. I'm told the new braces are not compatible with the older version fenders. I'm not going to complain. Just get my trailer up to snuff.
That is awesome! Please post pics when you get those mounted!

--

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MazzyDan, it's great to see that Shoreland'r is stepping up for you. I'll be putting about 7500 km on my new (old style) fenders and brackets along with my new radials in July. Shoreland'r told me that if there are any problems when I get to Calgary, they'd take care of it.
Can't ask for more.

MazzyDan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow. Well I won't be putting on as many year but am sure this new fix will hold up. I am heading to Clearwater Fl next Friday and wished I was taking the boat. That would be 1500 miles from me. Then back there first week of May and still not bringing the boat, AgAIN . These two trips where booked way in advanced and reason I'm not going to Bimini this year. But for sure next year. I will get a good year on trailering and see what happens to fenders which hopefully will make me more comfortable to go that distance.

Swatski - I will definitely post pics once things get done.

Cheers

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian, maybe you've already done it... I'm too lazy to look, but is this in the FAQ? I assume that it impacts quite a few owners.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So the recall states not to file a Yamaha claim does that mean you have to install the replacement parts yourself?