• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bouncy Shoreland'r Trailer? Carlisle Stands Behind Their Product

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's asinine. We (and most shops) charge $15-$20 to mount and balance a tire. $25/per after taxes/disposal fees whatever wouldn't be crazy. That's the most ridiculous price I've ever heard of to mount/balance tires.

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just went to my local tire shop and told them if they mounted and balanced them I would give them the old ones.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Back when Ford recalled the Firestone tires off the Explorers. I purchased Michelin and sent Ford the bill.
I'm wondering if it might be time to hold Yamaha responsible. I would remove the underrated tires and replace them with tires that are more to spec regardless of brand selection. Then I would demand to be made whole by Yamaha. This should be an easy issue to prove based on the number of members here that have had issues. If Shoreland'r is short cutting the tires Yamaha will have no cost involved in making it right. If Yamaha is responsible for ordering trailers with underrated tires it is a safety issues. Now they could be looking at Class Action.

MicahH

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree too. I'd thought that it Yamaha and Shoreland'r would have chosen a quality tire to equip a $50K plus boat, especially given they had to replace them. Now I'm out $500 with crappy radials. It all just stinks and leaves a bad taste in our mouths. Sure doesn't help lend credibility and prestige to the Yamaha brand as a leader in jet boats with more competition hitting the market. I LOVE my boat but not the dedication to customer satisfaction at this point.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Look what I found at my door steps today!
upload_2016-12-1_23-21-13.png

So, looks like I got mine - only 4 but I'm going to roll with that for now.
My rep was Robyn, she was very efficient and responsive. Not sure why they skipped the spare, but maybe they are getting tired of it.

--

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
View attachment 48945

My rep was Robyn, she was very efficient and responsive. Not sure why they skipped the spare, but maybe they are getting tired of it.

--
I remember filling out the claim form I put down all the info for all 5 . I'm sure if you give her a call back they will send you one.

firecap797

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My trailer was bouncing all over this past weekend when I pulled it home. Wonder if this will help. What do I need to tell them, just that I have bias tires on the 2016 Shorelandr trailer?

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 48945

--
@swatski ... so you think that Carlisle is getting "tired" of it.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My trailer was bouncing all over this past weekend when I pulled it home. Wonder if this will help. What do I need to tell them, just that I have bias tires on the 2016 Shorelandr trailer?
@firecap797 keep in mind that the bouncing could be the result of cold tires sitting and getting a bit lob-sided. If they bounce/vibrate in warm weather when the trailer has been in motion for a while, then you might definitely have bad tires. It'll be tough to know for sure in colder weather unless you can warm your trailer up indoors first.

firecap797

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@firecap797 keep in mind that the bouncing could be the result of cold tires sitting and getting a bit lob-sided. If they bounce/vibrate in warm weather when the trailer has been in motion for a while, then you might definitely have bad tires. It'll be tough to know for sure in colder weather unless you can warm your trailer up indoors first.
Ah, good point. Since I'm still under warranty for a while, I'll wait until it warms up. Dare I say it's still too cold for me to do any boating.

Minh Nguyen

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I noticed the vibrations lately when taking my boat out of indoor storage for some winter mods. I contacted Carlstar and they gave me a reference number. Hope they give me some radials. I have a trip this summer to Florida and definitely dont want any roadside issues.

Is anyone familiar with the Greenball tires that Costco has? Its $57 per tire for 215/75/14 radials. Seems like lots of good review on costcos site. This might be my option if Carlisle doesn't come thru for me.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I noticed the vibrations lately when taking my boat out of indoor storage for some winter mods. I contacted Carlstar and they gave me a reference number. Hope they give me some radials. I have a trip this summer to Florida and definitely dont want any roadside issues.

Is anyone familiar with the Greenball tires that Costco has? Its $57 per tire for 215/75/14 radials. Seems like lots of good review on costcos site. This might be my option if Carlisle doesn't come thru for me.
I am not familiar with the greenball tires. But be careful choosing tires for your boat trailer. Loading for a trailer is very different than a passenger car tire. Be are your buying a fire that is spec'ed for your trailer. That seems to be the issue, shorelandr specs require a specific load rating, and the Carlisle bias ply didn't meet them.

Minh Nguyen

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@txav8r Screenshot_20170110-112843.png I was looking at load specs on these greenballs and they're the same as the carlisle radials. But after a quick search i found that carlisle is even less expensive. Just looking at options just in case i dont get the radials from carlstar.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So is everyone still going direct to Carlisle?

Minh Nguyen

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes. Call carlstar and they'll have you email them with some information then you'll get a confirmation number. Then tires show up about a week later. Brenda was who I spoke to.

MazzyDan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have had the same issue. Both fenders diamond plates have cracked. I never noticed the bolts wheels. But when I brought it back to the dealer they told me that the bolt was broken and where replacing the whole fender and bracket. When I picked up boat and trailer they then told me that they other bracket was broke no they had ordered another fender for starboard side. I never knew about this issue until I seen it here. Great forum. I will be definitely making some phone calls tomorrow. I only have pics of the carriage bolts missing off of fenders and the fender lifted way up in air but can't seem to get them added here.

MazzyDan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Correction. The bolts between the wheels and the brackets where broken. And to add this had broken from the trip from the dealership to the ramp within 50 miles on a brand new trailer