• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bouncy Shoreland'r Trailer? Carlisle Stands Behind Their Product

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was surprised to see that the bias ply tires that I removed WERE balanced.

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations @Edward !!!
I just finished installing my radials. I took the trailer down a freshly paved road without the boat on it. No vibrations up to 75 mph. Fixed!
Yours came pre balanced, right? Are the weights visible on the outside of the rim?

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am still waiting to hear back...called and emailed and still nothing. I am getting a little frustrated at this point.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am still waiting to hear back...called and emailed and still nothing. I am getting a little frustrated at this point.
Do you have damage?

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Rob9550 i had to call in twice to get the rep I was working through. The first time I talked to her though she gave me the case number and when I called back both times I gave them the case number and got routed to the same service rep. HTH.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not yet other than losing bolts.
I wonder if Carlisle/Shorland'r are considering those issues as a recall or a warranty fix when needed?

Does one need to show trailer damage to get replacement R tires?

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder if Carlisle/Shorland'r are considering those issues as a recall or a warranty fix when needed?

Does one need to show trailer damage to get replacement R tires?
My dealer submitted a fender claim to Shoreland'r based on photos that I provided. Once Shoreland'r approved the claim, the conversation started, which eventually led to Carlisle, but Carlisle never asked for proof from me. I assume that the honesty, sincerity, and charm oozing through the phone speaker was good enough.

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I assume that the honesty, sincerity, charm oozing through the phone speaker was good enough.
Darned. Now I need to have @latitudeadjuster make my phone calls to shorland'r...

EDIT: It's an inside joke (because Jack has that kind of voice, charm oozing)

Last edited:

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got my tires today. Tires only. Once I get the trailer back will be heading straight to discount tire to get them switched out and

Krazykid

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Good afternoon folks, I'm new here and just finished an in-depth discussion with a salesman about the tires on a 242 limited S we put a deposit on. I made it a requirement for me to pick up the boat that the dealership contact Shortland'r for radial tires. What are the chances this will take place?

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good afternoon folks, I'm new here and just finished an in-depth discussion with a salesman about the tires on a 242 limited S we put a deposit on. I made it a requirement for me to pick up the boat that the dealership contact Shortland'r for radial tires. What are the chances this will take place?
Just make it a requirement of your deal. Radials on the trailer or no deal. Tires are cheap enough that the salesperson can make it happen. My .02

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Appreciate this group more than ever!
Thank you @MrMoose for pulling this thread, and blazing a trail-

I have initiated the process:

-Called Shorelandr Contact # (web) and they referred me to their NC (closest) distributor, Shoco Inc.
-Spoke with Darren Smith, who was familiar with this issue ("few others") and blamed the lack of Radial tires.
-Asked that I send him pictures of the cracked brackets and lost wheel well bolts.
-Intend to take the broken parts to my dealer and have them replace. Understand the big bolt on the bracket can be a PIA to get out and then back in.

-Called Carlstar (tires) number listed in the first post of this thread, and asked to fill in a Warranty Claim form, they sent me. With attached pictures.
Frankly, not sure why we are working with them. Shorelandr orders the tires they want and puts them on themselves. Carlstar had no say on what Shorelandr ordered and place on trailers.

Ultimately, I don't care how it gets fixed, as long as it does (before next year's 2K round trip for Bimini '17!).

All this is under way and I will update on progress as it materializes.

Attachments