• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bouncy Shoreland'r Trailer? Carlisle Stands Behind Their Product

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got an email that mine are shipping today...hopefully I can get them mounted soon.

Michael Stone

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
New radials arrived today!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have fixed my trailer and figured I would share a couple of tips. I had intended to do some more mods but ended up just replacing the fenders and tires with the season winding down up here in Maine.

Step one isto attach trailer to truck with parking brake on truck before jacking up the trailer. I recommend supporting the trailer from the frame to make removing suspensiom bolts easier later on.

The two toughest parts to remove and reinstall when replacing the fenders are the marker lights and the big center bolt in the equalizer.

To remove the markers use a pair of pliers to remove the plactic cores from the flares. Pull sime wire slack out of the trailer frame and cut. Make goid waterproof connectiins when you reconnect.

To remove the center bolt from the equalizer first remove the compression nut the use a jack to jack up one of the axels just enough to take the weight off. Next remove the leaf spring bolt from the leaf spring with the fully enclosed eye. Now the big bolt with come out with a few light hammer taps and go back together much easier.

Be sure to grease the equalizer zerk once back together as the minimal grease in mine was all dried up. I also drilled a hole in the lower inner plastic fender and ran zip ties around the center fender support bracket to jerp the fender from oscillating at speed.

Hope this helps someone making doing the diy repair.

Pulls like a dream now with radials. Time will tell if the brackets crack again

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have a pic of the equalizer zerk location?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No photo right now but look underneath between the front and rear leaf springs on each side of the trailer. You will see them.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski, it's easy to spot. I went looking for grease zerks during my 1 year maintenance. Just crawl under the trailer and look around... you'll see them. I topped up my bearing grease before towing 2400 miles round trip for the Bimini adventure, and I was surprised at how much grease was consumed, at least half of the capacity.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just looked at my MFI trailer and it does not have zerks on it. Must be a Shorelander feature.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will look at it tomorrow. Thank you guys!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In the meantime, I did the " @McMark " mod with large washers on top of that diamond plate fender cover (all 14 bolts) to hold it down so it hopefully won't crack.

I think it is well worth it as there is not much contact area between the factory bolt head and the diamond plate, and the holes are cut square (don't have a picture, sorry) so there is microcracking already in the corners under bolt heads. I used liquid tape under the washers, although Mcmark's rubber under-liner circles must be superior.

Before:
upload_2016-9-5_1-25-59.png

During:
upload_2016-9-5_1-26-48.png

And after:
upload_2016-9-5_1-27-44.png

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good observation @swatski. It's definitely a bad design to have a bolt cutout with corners.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Contacted Friday that the replacement wheel well brackets and bolts are on the way (From Shoreland'rs East Coast Distributor, Shoco Marine).
Just contacted today by Carlisle that I will have replacement tires in 7-10 days.

Now to decide if I will have my dealership do it, or do it myself-

Since I still don't have a working ballast system ("replacement ballast control unit due in any day") I am leaning toward having them do it. Frankly, not sure if it is out of spite, or that it is right? ;-)

Thank you @MrMoose for blazing this trail!
ID'ing problems is easy-
Creating solutions; that's valuable!!!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@swatski, it's easy to spot. I went looking for grease zerks during my 1 year maintenance. Just crawl under the trailer and look around... you'll see them. I topped up my bearing grease before towing 2400 miles round trip for the Bimini adventure, and I was surprised at how much grease was consumed, at least half of the capacity.
I may tow faster but I take a grease gun and add grease on the return trip.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the shoutout @Glen . I'm happy to see that things are working out for you. I'm going to have my dealer fix my fender. They just charge Shoreland'r anyway.

Fozzy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just dropped off my boat at the dealership for its first service. Showed them the fenders and brackets already cracked. They said they would check into it and have never ever seen a problem like this before, ever, I am the first. Let's see what they will do. Ha

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Checked mine this weekend, 2014 shorelander.
image.jpeg

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got the boat back yesterday and also went to Discount Tire to have them put on my new radials that Carlisle sent. Had them balance the tires as well. Drive home seemed a bit better, but, when I got home and inspected everything one of the bolts that holds the diamond plate down had come loose and fallen out. I'm betting the dealer didn't want to tighten too much and make cracks. Fun.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got the boat back yesterday and also went to Discount Tire to have them put on my new radials that Carlisle sent. Had them balance the tires as well. Drive home seemed a bit better, but, when I got home and inspected everything one of the bolts that holds the diamond plate down had come loose and fallen out. I'm betting the dealer didn't want to tighten too much and make cracks. Fun.
That's a bummer, thanks for posting. Time for the @McMark mod! I also used locktite.

Fozzy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just got off the phone with the my dealer. They said they where working on getting the fenders replaced. They said the tires are fine and shorelander has had zero complaints about this problem. Between Yamaha, my dealer , Shitlander and Carlise they are all a bunch if liers.