• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bunk placement

Tham12005

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Newbie question how far do I need to place the bunks for a 21 foot center console?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Newbie question how far do I need to place the bunks for a 21 foot center console?
Are you asking so you can use this information for a boat lift of some kind?

Tham12005

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you asking so you can use this information for a boat lift of some kind?
Yes we boat a used boat hoist that was set up for a pontoon boat so we need to move the bunks in?

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes we boat a used boat hoist that was set up for a pontoon boat so we need to move the bunks in?
The bunks for a pontoon tend to be different than those for our boats, although I'm no expert. If no one gets to it first, I'll measure the distance between mine in a little while. The storm that's getting to you in an hour or so is just about to hit me. Here's a pic to give you an idea of where the bunks should rest.

1661111798889.jpeg

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
btw, I think I was told by the local lift dealer that you can swap out to the right kind of bunks if you have to, for something like $500...which means people here can help you figure out how to do it for less than that.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The aluminum lifts we use here in the Midwest are identical bunks. It's just that there are usually two for boats and four for pontoons (if lifting by the toons) If lifting by the deck underneath, then they put two tall bunks between the toons. Either way, they are easy to adjust and swap.

Most start by setting them up similar to the trailers to start. But most trailers have four bunks. Measure the flat area between the strakes, or ridges in the hull. That's where you want the bunks to rest. And understand, they will be narrower up front to cradle the bow. And you will want the bow slightly elevated to allow drainage of the floor and bilge.

Good luck. Get in the water and drive on slow the first few times so that you can adjust as needed.