• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

camper to cargo trailer or sell?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I have an old camper i bought off my parents like 8 years ago for next to nothing. I immediately Put on new axles and brakes. It has had water damage and i gutted part of the inside and fixed up the outside to far better than oem setup but the front is now diamond plate (bright). It also has a new a/c unit 1.5 years old. We camp 3x a year and it's Near nothing to own besides the repairs.
Thinking of options.
1. Finish the gut job make it nice and camp more.
2. Convert into a cargo trailer, use as a mobile shop freeing up garage space etc.
3. Sell and buy a cargo trailer to use.

Looks like It would sell around here for 5k and cargo trailers i would want are around 7-8k.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Sell it and buy what you want…otherwise you’ll have the worst of both, kind of
like this:

39C05BDC-7420-4C28-A42B-72F7C4E583A0.jpeg

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Agreed, finish it, sell it at a record high for a camper, then get a cargo trailer if you need it.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have an old camper i bought off my parents like 8 years ago for next to nothing. I immediately Put on new axles and brakes. It has had water damage and i gutted part of the inside and fixed up the outside to far better than oem setup but the front is now diamond plate (bright). It also has a new a/c unit 1.5 years old. We camp 3x a year and it's Near nothing to own besides the repairs.
Thinking of options.
1. Finish the gut job make it nice and camp more.
2. Convert into a cargo trailer, use as a mobile shop freeing up garage space etc.
3. Sell and buy a cargo trailer to use.

Looks like It would sell around here for 5k and cargo trailers i would want are around 7-8k.
I like option #1.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'm actually confused by this thread. 🤷‍♂️

Do you want a camper or a cargo trailer? If you want to do both, are you thinking about converting the camper into a toy hauler?

Jim

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'm actually confused by this thread. 🤷‍♂️

Do you want a camper or a cargo trailer? If you want to do both, are you thinking about converting the camper into a toy hauler?

Jim
Made me stop and think about it more Jim, thanks! I don't Know exactly what i want, which is part of my problem. I enjoy camping, and it's Owned outright and does the job. What i am lacking now is storage space for my tools and equipment. Been toying around with the idea of a cargo trailer to be essentially My mobile shop(a dream of mine would to somehow make a LIVING helping disaster areas like boarding up, helping gut stuff, slight rebuilds etc.) But since i have this camper sitting here that only gets used 2x a year (boating has taken priority) i look at it as possibly A conversion potential.
But now that it was mentioned a toy hauler camper would actually be perfect allthe way around!
I think i found my focus! Bow i need that ever elusive time!

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Saw this on CL and immediately thought of @Speedling !
19ADE310-9E15-4503-81FF-2A9E71968A60.jpeg

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length