• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Can a Honda pilot tow a 240 for long distances ?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Betik !!! Time to get your eyes checked! Claire will look great in your boat!

Technically she owns the boat, the trailer, and the truck; I have been demoted from Captain to First B..ch ( you know, whatever you call a female dog).
As matter of fact she owns the house too. The only thing that is mine is my dog, Manga.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
One of the reasons I have avoided ford trucks in the past, is that they had much higher bed boxes than Chevy. I do like the step in the bumper on the Chevy, and bet ford has something similar. My main concern going forward, is cost of maps/traffic, and even connectivity. Total BS to have to pay for it!

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First On Race Day, Mel!

Liked my Chevy trucks. Love my Ford trucks. It's an easy choice.
Loved my past Ford trucks, Love my current Chevy Trucks - cannot go wrong with either brand, now I will never own a Dodge, too much bad history with that brand in the past.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Loved my past Ford trucks, Love my current Chevy Trucks - cannot go wrong with either brand, now I will never own a Dodge, too much bad history with that brand in the past.
I definitely agree with this. All trucks are pretty well manufactured these days.

Two features I wish the Ford had is the full back glass slide down on Tundras and the bumper step of Chevy

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
One of the reasons I have avoided ford trucks in the past, is that they had much higher bed boxes than Chevy. I do like the step in the bumper on the Chevy, and bet ford has something similar. My main concern going forward, is cost of maps/traffic, and even connectivity. Total BS to have to pay for it!
Ford has a push out step on the side and a tailgate step, although neither are standard options. My in-laws have 1986 mint Ford 150 and it's amazing how much bigger and higher up the new ones are compared to the older generations. I do personally like the simplicity of the Chevy's built in bumper step. I kind of think Ford over engineered this one.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Fords have a push out step on the side and a tailgate step, although neither are standard options. My in-laws have 1986 mint Ford 150 and it's amazing how much bigger and higher up the new ones are compared to the older generations. I do personally like the simplicity of the Chevy's built in bumper step. I kind of think Ford over engineered this one.

I had one of those stripper pole steps on my 2012 F-250 LOL.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Fancy !!!!! Mine has a 4 wheel and a tow hitch. Pretty Spartan I might say.
THIS IS SPARTA. Oops sorry i got carried away

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The perimeter of the Blue Yonder's silo is under construction .....
IMG_0127.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
To all of you who so generously help me spend my money and bullied me to 10,000 lbs of metal and fiberglass, I want to say ...... THANK YOU.

10 months have passed and I am glad to report ............

Pilot vs Truck
  • I never got a chance to tow with the pilot, but I did tow to Florida 3,127.9 miles with the F-150. At times, I would completely forget that there was a boat behind me. Maybe out of ignorance or maybe of the trucks ability to tow, I dare say my towing was very positive experience.
  • There is only one time in a construction (~60mph) when the boat seemed to be driving the truck all over the place. Counter to my intuition, I floored the gas. Within 3 seconds the V8 was revving at 5,500 RPM , the gear had dropped down and the truck was in charge. If any of you were there are that very moment , I would have given yall a hug.
  • there was not really a time when I felt that I needed more power and more than once we hit 90 mph. Usually when where passing 18 wheelers.

To love or not to love the F-150

• it is very often that the F150 take refuge in the garage while my wife's 2015 Mini cooper stays in the driveway. LOL
  • If you have senior citizen with chronic back issues, you might want to find alternative transportation for them. 14 hours for 2 days straight, can bit too much.
19 vs 24 feet
  • before buying the boat, both my wife and I did not care for the extra 5 feet, but apparently size does matter. Given the battle that is going with my HOA, I did propose to Claire to trade in the 240 for 190. All I got back was was a single "no". This experiment was repeated 4 times and with the exact same results. I still think 19 feet will plenty for our family of 4, but at this point, it jut makes no sense to get rid of the 240.
  • there are plenty of people crossing to Bimini on 190s. I for myself I am glad I was on a 240.
  • I bought my used 240 for the price of a new 190. However, I ended spending over $9,000 to be able to tow and store a 240 vs 190. Knowing what I know today, I will still choose Blue Yonder over a new 190. Probably chose the Yonder over new AR240 too.

Attachments