• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Can a Honda pilot tow a 240 for long distances ?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is a 2012 SX240 from a local guy in North Texas. I can give more precise info on the owner once I get the tittle. I am kind of nervous of loosing the boat like, I lost No shoes, No Shirts, NoProplems!

Fingers crossed!!!!!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Batik, are you ever going to tell us who's boat he bought?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I picked the title literally 2 hours ago.....
The boat is Blue Yonder and untill 2 hours ago it belonged to txav8r. It kind is still in his garage for another 1 or 2 week but I got the tittle :winkingthumbsup".
Now, it should be clear on why I had to keep it under wraps... for fear that I might be starting a biting war over Blue Yonder. And either bankcurrept me or loose her. :eek:

Next week I will make a final and pathetic attemp to tow her for short distance on my Pilot and then Carmax it is for $33K on 4,500 miles jacked up minivan :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I am sure once that happens I will get tons of "feeback" on the proper tow vehicle for our new Sx240

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So do we know the 2017 Bimini dates yet ? What!!! not untill January ? :confused:
the earth is not rating fast enough :mad: Spin spin silly planet....

Mike & Lilly

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Congratulations enjoy and have a ton of beautiful memories on your new boat:winkingthumbsup"

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Betik , congrats you surely got a highly modded well maintained boat.

@txav8r , What? I didn't even realize you were selling your boat. Glad that you got Lake Powell off your bucket list before you did. What's next, another boat?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Congrats to Betik and his family! Yesterday afternoon, we spent doing the annual service. Not that it needed it, it only had 10-11 hours since it was last done...all of that on Lake Powell. He's good to go fellas, and knows what he is doing with spark plug and oil changes. Hopefully next weekend @Betik ,we can get you and your bride all checked out on handling and trailering.

@Ronnie , I have mentioned that we may sell her, but I never formally said it or offered it. Betik heard that we might and asked me. And honestly we didn't know. We were literally 50/50 on whether we would or wouldn't keep the boat. Just like the Nauti dawg, I loved the blue yonder. But we are in a phase of life or at least entering it, where our focus has shifted at least for a little while. We are new grand parents, and have 4 years 3 months until we retire. And even that is an unknown to us. We have the motorhome and are moving forward with travels that we want to do, and Clara has expressed that she has seen some places like Lake Powell, and now wants to see others. So we are in construction mode building a barn for the coach. And for the short term anyway, a tractor will be taking up the barn once occupied by the boats. The jury is still out on the idea of retiring in Page, but it's not out. For now however, I will just have to live vicariously through all of your hosting adventures!

Congrats again to Betik, Claire, and the kiddos!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Betik - Congrats. Time to update your profile with the boat info. Don't forget the first mod every boat owner should do.... Put beer in the cooler. :winkingthumbsup"

The second thing every boat owner should do is take the boat out and scare some wildlife in such a way the details are for a different kind of website. ;)

Both of these things should be repeated frequently. :D

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Administrative, @txav8r is boatless again. I was a contributor to this terrible situation so I must share in some of the blame. Hopefully with a little encouragement we can convince Mel that he needs to buy a new boat to spend his time upgrading as he does a great job of buying a boat for a few years then selling her better than she left the factory. If he agrees we can play a long game of helping him search and guessing what he will buy.

Perhaps we need a banner to get members to encourage Mel to buy a boat;)

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I hear the that the alcohol is of a different world in Bimini. So Claire and I are seriously considering to keep the boat ancholol free untill we are in international waters.... LOL although I have a funny feeling we might failing on this objective. But now we have to focus on building a storage for her and finding a towable vehicle.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Administrative, @txav8r is boatless again. I was a contributor to this terrible situation so I must share in some of the blame. Hopefully with a little encouragement we can convince Mel that he needs to buy a new boat to spend his time upgrading as he does a great job of buying a boat for a few years then selling her better than she left the factory. If he agrees we can play a long game of helping him search and guessing what he will buy.

Perhaps we need a banner to get members to encourage Mel to buy a boat;)

My impression is that seling Blue Yonder is part of ellaborate scheme that I don't really understand, but I definitely see a new boat in the not too distant future. I have put a lot of thought around this. Mel buys a new boat by 2018, he put $262 of upgrades for every hour. Then after a full 3 years and 26.7 hours I show up and buy that boat too. :D

So anything I can do to help in making it a reality, I am in. Please go easy on the post for a week or two untill the boat leaves his barn though. I do have signed tittle, but would the sheriff believe ? Me or Mel ?

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think it is Chester that you need to fear when you go to pick up the boat.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Just like before, it'll be Clara you have to convince, not me! I won't go forever without a boat, but I didn't want this one deteriorating without getting the use it needed, and providing the right family, with the enjoyment a great boat can bring!

Oh Betik, I have the keys too!!! lol.

Last edited:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think it is Chester that you need to fear when you go to pick up the boat.
How about if I deep both my hands in a peanut butter jar right before i pull in the driveway ?

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats @Betik on the better than new boat. You made a great choice.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My "truck" is dead; long live The Truck ( well maybe 5 years).

Attachments