• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Center console subwoofer FSH

Thor32766

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am picking up my 255 FSH soon. I am looking at a subwoofer box going in the center console. I had two 8” jl audios on each side of the console on my FSH 190. They never performed to my liking. When I lifted the seat they were amazing. So maybe a box is a better way to go? Anyone have any pics of them in the console? Also what speakers are you guys using wattage etc? Any help would be great.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am picking up a 210 FSH within the next week and I plan on doing a similar setup to what I currently have. 1 JL M6 10" sub, I don't want two because I don't want them competing for pressure in the center counsel. It will eventually be on a 500 watt mono JL amp in phase 2. In phase 1 I will have 4 JL 7.7 M6 Speakers the sub and a wetsounds SYN-DX amp with channels 5-6 bridged for the sub. Currently I'm running 6 7.7 JL speakers and a 10 JL sub on an older JL amp that's probably only pushing 75 watts to the speakers and 150 to the sub. It is plenty loud now and sounds fantastic so this new setup with higher RMS will be even better!

WiredKC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Attachments

Kelleyja

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I put an 8" JL Audio M6 Free-air sub in the top of the foot rest on my 255 FSH. There's plenty of room for 2 8" subs or a single 10-12". I spliced RCA's and a second AMP into the factory harness, for me it rounds out the sound great.
IMG_4825.jpg

Stubok

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I put an 8" JL Audio M6 Free-air sub in the top of the foot rest on my 255 FSH. There's plenty of room for 2 8" subs or a single 10-12". I spliced RCA's and a second AMP into the factory harness, for me it rounds out the sound great.
View attachment 175613
I really like this location. I have been noodling on this since I got my 210 FSH. I want to put up 4 x 6.5 Tower speakers and put in a 10” sub. Was thinking the Kicker KXMA900.5 to drive it all. At some point I’ll also replace the factory head unit and speakers. Maybe with 8’s in the center console.

Anyway I’ve been unsure as to where to located the sub, but now I’m going to copy this location. 👍

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I never got back to this post it seems… I’m happy with my one 10” two might be nice but I can’t say it would be worth it at this point the 10” hits great!

@Stubok Those are 7.7 JL's so your 8's would look good there too. My next audio upgrade will be the JL 8.8 Tower Speakers. I already have the amp for them all set up so, coming soon!

78F7E9D4-2375-4DEC-88D7-837F4187EA1E.jpeg

Stubok

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well I measured the center console foot recess in my FSH210 and subs won’t fit. So back to putting them where the rod holder currently are. Think I’ll go with 2 x 10”- 4 ohm subs in parallel, fwd from the sub output on the kxma900.5, which can deliver 400watts RMS.

Stubok

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I installed two 10" Kicker subs. After some tuning and break-in they sound great.

Kicker - Two 10 Inch LED Marine Subwoofers in White, 2 Ohm Bundle 4 Ohm Each https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YP11J2N/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_H3JPT1KGG69Q6Z1YRQ3M?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for sharing that link. I bought those Subs too and they just arrived. Still waiting for my Amp. I’m going to copy this install and relocate the 6.5” speakers.
How did you wire your LED Grills? Did you buy the Kicker light controller?

also interested to hear your experience with tuning them and any interference you were getting from the subs mirroring each other.