• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Charleston Cooper River Run up to Pinopolis Lock May 20th 2017

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife and I are planning on coming down that weekend. We don’t care what trip we do. Going to leave up here on Thursday and b ready to go Friday. Coming back home Monday. Just let me know what accommodations I need to secure. Savanna would b really cool but we are in with what everyone decides.
@Andy S or I will start a 2018 thread probably in January once we get through the holidays and discuss the details we will keep you posted. Looking forward to it!

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bet they would but you maybe better off trying to organize your own run as they charge by the person to join that trip. I think it's like $350 for the primary and $110 each additional person plus fuel, lodging, food and transportation back to your vehicle from the end. You would probably save $800-$1000 trying to plan it on your own.
Ya,I saw the numbers and it looks very expensive, but they seem to do a lot for you. I wouldn't do this trip with this group after looking at details, but the trip looks killer.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ya,I saw the numbers and it looks very expensive, but they seem to do a lot for you. I wouldn't do this trip with this group after looking at details, but the trip looks killer.
Excellent. @Eric Ballard for taking the lead on this JB.net 2018? 2019 organized adventure......you da man ! I've been youtubing, google earthing, and reading on this for about 2 hours now !!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Excellent. @Eric Ballard for taking the lead on this JB.net 2018? 2019 organized adventure......you da man ! I've been youtubing, google earthing, and reading on this for about 2 hours now !!
Way to go @Eric Ballard ! Nice leadership skills! Looking forward to what you put together! ;)

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
OK,I'll own this and see what i can come up with. damn you people.... LOL

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK,I'll own this and see what i can come up with. damn you people.... LOL
This is easy just follow their 2017 itinerary for stops and everyone makes their own hotel reservations same as on that trip boom your done. Just skip rest days. Now just pick a date.

Day 1
6:30 am Breakfast
On your own – Paris Landing State Park’s restaurant opens at 6:30 am
8:45 am – 9:15 am Luggage out to truck
9:30 am Depart Paris Landing State Park Marina – Depart no later than 9:30 am
9:45 am Group photo at Paris Landing bridge
10:00 am Start
12:00 pm Lunch
On your own – Birdsong Marina, Clifton Marina, Cuba Landing, Mermaid Marina, Perryville Marina, and Riverstone Marina have food and snacks available.
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Lock through Pickwick Lock
4:30 pm Arrive at Pickwick Landing State Park Marina
7:00 pm Dinner
On your own

Day 2
7:00 am Breakfast
On your own. The Pickwick Landing State Park Restaurant opens @ 7:00 am for those that plan on eating breakfast.
9:00 am – 9:30 am Depart Pickwick Landing State Park Marina
11:00 am – 12:45 pm Lunch & Fuel Stop
River Bottom Grille by Stansfield’s at Florence Harbor, located at mile marker 258.4L has been a favorite stop among past participants for several years.
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm Lock through Wilson Lock
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Lock through Joe Wheeler Lock
4:30 pm – 5:00 pm Arrive at Joe Wheeler State Park

Day 3
7:00 am Breakfast
On your own
9:00 am – 9:30 am Depart Joe Wheeler State Park
12:00 pm Lunch
On your own. Ditto Landing has fuel, snacks, and the famous “ice cream stop”
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Lock through Guntersville Lock
4:30 – 5:50 pm Arrive at Wyndham Garden Lake Guntersville
Be sure to fuel your PWC prior to arrival

Day 4
7:00 am – 7:45 am Breakfast
On your own
8:00 am – 8:15 am Depart Wyndham Garden Lake Guntersville
Marina at Goose Pond Colony Resort is highly recommended for a fuel stop. You will not make it to the next fuel stop if you don’t gas up here.
11:00 am – 12 pm Lock through Nickajack Lock
2:00 pm* Lunch
On your own. Hales Bar Marina has fuel and snacks.
7:00 pm Arrive Chatanooga

Day 5
6:00 am – 7:00 am Breakfast & luggage to front
On your own. SpringHill Suites by Marriott® has a continental breakfast available.
7:30 am – 8:30 am Lock through Chickamauga Lock
11:00 am – 12:00 pm Lock through Watts Bar Lock
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Lunch
On your own. (subject to change)
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Lock through Fort Loudon Lock
4:30pm – 5:30 pm Dinner
Fort Loudon Marina – Provided by Loudon County
Tourism and Calhouns on the Water providing BBQ
5:00 pm 6:00 pm Arrive at Volunteer Landing Marina/Ramp located under James White Parkway just past marina.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’m really curious about this too. We wouldn’t need the luggage truck to follow, but what about the transportation of tow rigs to the end point?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m really curious about this too. We wouldn’t need the luggage truck to follow, but what about the transportation of tow rigs to the end point?
You drop the boats day before departure and tow the trailers to the end point. Have Enterprise pick you up at the Marina with a 12 passenger van and drive all the people who towed trailers to the end back to the start.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I actually asked my wife the other day how far was too far to drive for a boat ride. I was thinking about one of the Charleston runs. She wasn’t opposed, but is a little concerned about the inverse relationship between summer time/funds and number of activities planned.

But, this would be a whole trip experience. That appeals to me, but I guess I can see kids getting tired of full days riding though. That might put a damper on things unless plenty of swim time is included. (And, I wouldn’t mind a day in Chattanooga... we’ve never stopped there)

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You drop the boats day before departure and tow the trailers to the end point. Have Enterprise pick you up at the Marina with a 12 passenger van and drive all the people who towed trailers to the end back to the start.
Sounds easy enough. Lol!

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm gona start messing around with Navionics for the route. Get some gas usage and distance numbers for the boats vs skis.

Planning for something in the winter is the best I can do for now. May get to 68 on Saturday with only 30% chance of rain. I gotta get the boat out if at all possible!

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Is this a round trip? From the itinerary I could not tell. Would they let 19 foot PWCs join :) we have the same engine after all.... This looks like a really cool trip.
Trip is one way starting at Paris Landing State park, TN, near Kentucky state line and ends in Knoxville. TEN River 600 staff is a great bunch of people, all volunteers that go above and beyond to help everyone and make this adventure trip the great event it is. They carry all Ur luggage, beer coolers, whatever, and trust me I seen some mothers of all beer coolers on this trip! ;-) They provide whatever support one may need during this trip. I seem to be the poster child for challenges last year and they rescue me twice. First I got stuck in about a mile of river weeds, missed fuel point and ran out gas, and second Ski broke down about 150 miles in to trip. One call to road crew took care of it, they came about 60 miles to my location on side of river with their rescue trailer got me out to next schedule stop. Next AM I was able to borrow another ski and finish the trip. Entry fees and donations are given to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency. Two years ago we had 68 Jet Skis, 1 prop boat and Seadoo Jet boat, so yes no problem join us with your boat. Only thing is that dock space is scarce around some of the parks docks and some don't allow use of dock overnight so you have to anker close to shore line. No doubt anyone doing it on their own can save about $800 dollars, ($350 Jet Ski entry, $100 passenger, $350 to move your vehicle and trailer to finish point) but just like the Bimini trip or any epic trip the money spent and the cause is well worth it for me. The trip Director Dennis Beckley is a great guy and master at cat herding and bends over backwards to make everyone happy.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Any more thoughts about this Tennessee River 600 or comparable trip? I don't think there's anyway I could squeeze it in this summer, but still sounds awesome!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any more thoughts about this Tennessee River 600 or comparable trip? I don't think there's anyway I could squeeze it in this summer, but still sounds awesome!
I will get to that part at some point. I plan to start my great loop trek this year. I will be breaking it up over time but I fully expect to have cleared all of NC, SC and GA this year. My plan is to try and tackle Norfolk VA to Jacksonville Fl over several weekends this year and the I will likely do either Florida's East Coast and across to the west coast of Florida next year or continue North from Norfolk up to NJ next year.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843 how r u going to do this? Leave the boat where u stop and come back for it or trailer it around each weekend? Or do you have a 2nd boat that will just be a dedicated loop boat until u finish?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 how r u going to do this? Leave the boat where u stop and come back for it or trailer it around each weekend? Or do you have a 2nd boat that will just be a dedicated loop boat until u finish?
I will just trailer the weekends that I do this to the location I left off and drop the boat. I will then take the tow vehicle and second Vehicle to my anticipated end point and bring the second vehicle back to the boat. It really wont take to long I think. I think I can cover most GA in a weekend maybe two and I think NC will take 2-3 weekends depending on my time frame as really only plan to run on Saturdays and use Sunday to tow home.