• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Check Engine Light Stop steering & Drive X not working

Edvet9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
New to the forum. I got a New Yamaha 2024 255XD on june. My second day use on this jetboat the check engine light came on and say to turn off the starboard engine. Took for service and check engine. Dealer was unable to find a problem with the boat, clear the code and return the boat 4 weeks after to me without testing on water. After 2 week I was able to go to the water because of bad weather condition. Just 20 minutes on the water and the check engine light came back again saying stop steering consult Yamaha Dealer and the Drive x System stop working. Stay on the sandbar for few hour and return on my way to the ramp, the check engine turn off while running 40 mph, but after low speed on a no wake zone on the ramp the check engine came back on and the Drive X system will not work again. Call Yamaha Dealer and they don’t know why is doing this. They told me to bring back the boat or to another Yamaha Dealer. The Dealer is 3 hour drive for me, tomorrow will call back again and try contact another Dealer with Yamaha Certified Mechanics to see if I can bring the boat to them and figure out why?

Battery's are charged to full over 12 V and no other issues.

Anyone have experience this before ? Any idea what could be or why is causing the Drive x system to shut off and turn on the check engine light?

Attachments

• IMG_4795.jpeg
    IMG_4795.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
In the recent past most of these DriveX issues are caused by low battery voltage and or loose battery connections. The fact that you did not have issues while running at speed when the alternators are putting out their peak output speaks to a low voltage issue.

When you say the batteries are charged to 12V what exactly do you mean? Do you have an onboard charger?

In the recent past most of these DriveX issues are caused by low battery voltage and or loose battery connections. The fact that you did not have issues while running at speed when the alternators are putting out their peak output speaks to a low voltage issue.

When you say the batteries are charged to 12V what exactly do you mean? Do you have an onboard charger?
Hi, I’m not good on electronic knowledge, but both battery on the screen indicate over 12V, I make sure I have a charger NOCO Genius 5 connected at my house to keep the battery's good before going on the water. The Dealer check everything and they could not figure out why before this happen just minutes afte on the water. Also I continue checking and I found a orange light under the dash (HPCU), suspected possible voltage problem. Tomorrow morning driving to the Dealer to drop the boat, warranty should cover all this, is a new boat having problem since the first time..

Attachments

• IMG_4814.jpeg
    IMG_4814.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
Back