• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chicago Air & Water show - Aug 16, 2015

BryanW

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Looks like you guys are golden, get some pics. They were practicing yesterday, and they were blasting right down Michigan ave. ... love it when the drop behind the buildings.

Eric Popper

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You will be fine. We probably will not go out if the weather is not great, either. It is no fun to be banged around constantly. With that said, as of right now, the forecast shows a perfect day and based on the winds the water should be GLASS.
Unfortunately I will be working all weekend. The weather looks great so have fun!

BTW, is anyone going down the river to Peoria this fall? We went 2 years ago and it was a great (but freezing cold) way to end the season.

Eric

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Unfortunately I will be working all weekend. The weather looks great so have fun!

BTW, is anyone going down the river to Peoria this fall? We went 2 years ago and it was a great (but freezing cold) way to end the season.

Eric
Hey Eric! I am hoping we can do the Starved Rock to Peoria run this year. I know the Illinois was really flooded and closed a few weeks back. I haven't checked since. Hopefully, it will be usable and accessible by then.

Eric Popper

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was in Starved Rock last weekend (without boat) and the river was definitely high. There were boaters on the water though.

School started for son and wife so hoping to get a few more weekend trips to the Chain before the end of the season.

Have fun at the Air and Water Show!

E

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Possibly a quick thunderstorm this afternoon. Looks lije it will be south and it is small. Still, it can brew all sorts of nasty.
waves still reporting at one foot but interval is cut down to 2 seconds meaning it will be pretty close together and choppy. On plane should be just fine.
we are waking up and hooking up soon. Hope to put in at hammond by 8

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@JCampbell thanks for putting up with us as long as you did! Sorry your boat got scratched from the police boat going on plane right in front of us.
My dad was getting only worse so when we broke off to move I decided to just start on out. Those of you just reading this apparently my dad's motion sickness is really bad when we stop moving. My mom thought she was going to drown. She has really bad vertigo and jumping in the water she couldn't realize what was up so I had to grab her and swim her back to the boat.
I know they said they had fun but maybe next time we'll just do the warm water discharge or my little local lake so they can both stand up.
We beat the rain back but it downpoured the whole way home. Blue angels flew overhead once and that's all we got of them.

Grill worked great. Nobody got hurt. Everyone is home safe.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just heard that there was some sort of parachute accident and they cancelled the show. Wow. Hope everyone made it out safe.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Show went on!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Unless they mean for tomorrow?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Say a prayer for the brave soldier and sailor involved. Looks like a great show from the pics, would love to see it on the water...

JCampbell

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I saw the burst when they left the aircraft. I thought it was odd he waited to pull the chute so late. When it was white, I thought he had a malfunction with the main chute. Then he headed into the city. I knew it wasn't good. Sorry we had to lose a hero. It just shows how dangerous it is being in the military without being in combat. Training accidents are the worst and seldom in the news. I guess it is part of the blank check we write to Uncle Sam when we sign up. I will try to post some pics tonight.

Last edited:

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

JCampbell

Jet Boat Addict