• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cleaning Engine Bay

GoodCubanito

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi guys... wondering what everyone is using to keep their engine bays clean? and how?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Soap and water. Foam the engine bay with my foam cannon, and clean it with my detail brushes, then rinse off. Treat all the engine with PERL from carpro, white fiberglass a ceramic spray sealant. If it's really dirty I use purple power which you can get from walmart. I buy it by the gallon as I use it so much for cleaning other things.
20201024_145515.jpg

I use Motul Bike wash. Won’t harm plastic, rubber, vinyl etc. leaves behind an invisible layer. Spray it on a cold engine and let it sit until it is starting to dry, then rinse off.

I used this for years on my dirt bikes and it always made them look great!

I use Motul Bike wash. Won’t harm plastic, rubber, vinyl etc. leaves behind an invisible layer. Spray it on a cold engine and let it sit until it is starting to dry, then rinse off.

I used this for years on my dirt bikes and it always made them look great!
@FSH 210 Sport. Love your about signature line quotes!!!

Thought I would add my bay after 2 years in salt water use. I remove water with shop vac if I have any and a quick wipe after oil changes. I do spray silicon on everything on engine and all wiring every 2 weeks................I just changed oil and pulled all plugs and read them.........they were burning vary vary clean.

Attachments

• IMG_3846.JPG
    IMG_3846.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3849.JPG
    IMG_3849.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3845.JPG
    IMG_3845.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
Soap and water. Foam the engine bay with my foam cannon, and clean it with my detail brushes, then rinse off. Treat all the engine with PERL from carpro, white fiberglass a ceramic spray sealant. If it's really dirty I use purple power which you can get from walmart. I buy it by the gallon as I use it so much for cleaning other things.
View attachment 175087
thanks for your detailing guidance on numerous threads.
i have a dumb question for you........how do you clean/wash your detailing rags/microfiber towels? just throw in washing machine? do you keep them separated by use? they're cheap...single use?

thanks for your detailing guidance on numerous threads.
i have a dumb question for you........how do you clean/wash your detailing rags/microfiber towels? just throw in washing machine? do you keep them separated by use? they're cheap...single use?
you nailed it exactly. I toss them in the washing machine and use dye and scent free soap. I separate them by type/use. For instance I have non paint ones, meaning I use them for dirty things or things I wouldn't want to have rubbed across my paint (interiors, engine bays, door jambs, etc). Then I also separate them by color as I generally wash them super hot. Only ones I throw away are ones I use for ceramic coatings as they get hard/crunchy.

Back