• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext up grade ?

Bigperm

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Hi picking up my 2021 Yamaha 195sx this weekend can I upgrade to the 7” connext screen like on the 195s ? The boats mostly the same I would assume this is doable..... I am sure it’s not cheep but would like to do this

Last edited:

CaTiRo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are the two connext systems the same except for screen size?

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hi picking up my 2021 Yamaha 195sx this weekend can I upgrade to the 7” connext screen like on the 195s ? The boats mostly the same I would assume this is doable..... I am sure it’s not cheep but would like to do this
The cost of the 7" touchscreen is ~$1900, so that's a pretty expensive upgrade. Besides that, you can take a look at the parts list to see if the harness is the same. There may be some difference since the 7" connext includes some features not found in the other unit (maps etc.)

You could take a look at the parts for the 2020s (I don't think they changed) and see if all the wiring harnesses are the same.
2020 SX195 : 2020 Yamaha SX195 (TP1800BV) Electrical 4 | Yamaha Sports Plaza
2020 192S : 2020 Yamaha 195S (TP1800CV) Electrical 4 | Yamaha Sports Plaza

Good luck!

Last edited:

BrewFixer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Just staying on the same subject, any word if the 2022 connecxt is backward compatible to a 2021 FX CRUISER SVHO? I know it may be pricey and I am not sure how many of the new features reside in the head unit or needs a brain transplant.

Rockit69

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I recently bought a 2022 with the 7" connext, and I would highly recommend not bothering. Im not a fan at all, the only reason would be be if the chartplotter was decent and it isnt. The only things I use it for is forwarding to the next song and rpms. For 250$ I bought a galaxy tab and a cheap mount and purchased navionics for 22$ a year. It works great with a 10" screen, it will auto or manual route, shows my MPH, weather, tides and works great with GPS and no signal when you download the maps prior to using it. The 7" connext looks sweet when you see the boat, but after a few trips using it, its not all that, extremely buggy. The map will not show any depth and will show a 180 degree opposite veiw of your direction with no way to flip it, drove me crazy, dumb! Look outside the box or boat if you will.

Discrete

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I recently bought a 2022 with the 7" connext, and I would highly recommend not bothering. Im not a fan at all, the only reason would be be if the chartplotter was decent and it isnt. The only things I use it for is forwarding to the next song and rpms. For 250$ I bought a galaxy tab and a cheap mount and purchased navionics for 22$ a year. It works great with a 10" screen, it will auto or manual route, shows my MPH, weather, tides and works great with GPS and no signal when you download the maps prior to using it. The 7" connext looks sweet when you see the boat, but after a few trips using it, its not all that, extremely buggy. The map will not show any depth and will show a 180 degree opposite veiw of your direction with no way to flip it, drove me crazy, dumb! Look outside the box or boat if you will.
Great post. Don't hear much feedback on usability and general usefulness of this system. I wonder how it ties in with the drive by wire system. I would like to have the automatic throttle sync, nicer application of throttle, etc. My 2014 212x is pretty manual, even though it's sorta throttle-by-wire, power tends to come on suddenly and takes very fine inputs to avoid drastic differences in rpm and thrust. The Drive system seems really nice, too. I don't like that they basically make you upgrade to a newer boat to have basic improvements to controllability, smoothness and NVH.

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I'm waiting to pick up my '22 275SD and not what I really wanted to hear but I appreciate the information!

I'm going to be out in the ICW of southwest Florida and the Gulf and not having any depths on the map does suck.

I guess I'll start looking for an Android Tablet or see if an older iPad I have might work. Where did you put your mount? There is a phone mount on the 275SD so I'm hoping I can retrofit that for a tablet vs buying another piece of hardware.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm waiting to pick up my '22 275SD and not what I really wanted to hear but I appreciate the information!

I'm going to be out in the ICW of southwest Florida and the Gulf and not having any depths on the map does suck.

I guess I'll start looking for an Android Tablet or see if an older iPad I have might work. Where did you put your mount? There is a phone mount on the 275SD so I'm hoping I can retrofit that for a tablet vs buying another piece of hardware.
It would seem to me for where you are going to be using your boat an aftermarket MFD such as Simrad would be in order so you would have better charting, route navigation, water level offset, auto tracking, depth, water temperature, tides, possible radar upgrade etc. While my boat did not come with the top of the line connext screen, seems like these higher end connext are more for vehicle management than chart plotter.

Discrete

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It would seem to me for where you are going to be using your boat an aftermarket MFD such as Simrad would be in order so you would have better charting, route navigation, water level offset, auto tracking, depth, water temperature, tides, possible radar upgrade etc. While my boat did not come with the top of the line connext screen, seems like these higher end connext are more for vehicle management than chart plotter.
I think your assessment that the Connext is more about boat management and configuration and not really much else rings true. They knew they had the screen space to put a map, so they did, but developing a full chart plotter that would work like a Simrad or Garmin unit was out of scope, especially since most of their customers are operating on lakes and such.