• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So... how long would it take to 3D print a 2006 curved instrument panel with flat spot in middle to mount my chartplotter to have it all one seamless piece?

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@tabbibus if yall need any pest control while your dealing with this shoot me message, service will be on me for one time.. no obligation for any further services.
brotherman, that is incredibly nice of you to offer. We are covered right now on that front. But if anything changes I'll reach out.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So... how long would it take to 3D print a 2006 curved instrument panel with flat spot in middle to mount my chartplotter to have it all one seamless piece?
I have considered that but very few printers are large enough. For example my printer’s bed is 12”x12”. I can print16” tall but parts tend to separate on vertical layer lines when they fail so you would want to print it horizontally.

I have plans for a printer that would be large enough but am not there yet.

As for time to print I would guess less than a day.

One owner cut a dash replacement out of plexiglass or lexan and finished it nicely.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
County Judge closed our golf course Monday. Said it was too dangerous to walk on the course with another golfer and play golf. But, it's open for walking and biking to the rest of the people now. WHAT??? Seriously? And the cherry on top, is ClubCorp is still billing us for full club dues with no relief.

But, I can go to Chic-Fil-A and order a sandwich from the teenager standing 3 feet from my window with no mask. I can go to the liquor store and stand in the bourbon isle within 2 feet of the next schmuck trying figure out what bourbon he's going to numb the pain with. I can go to Lowe's and buy mulch while loading it right next to the other bored ass dude buying mulch......But, to play golf pushing a cart outdoors is WAYYYYYYYYYY to freakin hazardous!

Sorry, rant over. I just got my club statement last night and it made my blood boil.

I think they may have just capitulated to all you big money golfers,
FYI, my daughter played tennis there on Saturday,

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
MI Gov just banned boating , join the club....
What's crazy is you can still boat by kayak, canoe or even a freakin' sail boat in Michigan but she banned "powered boat" and jet ski. Complete BS and that lady needs to be removed. Probably some GND lover. These state officials are overreaching IMHO.

Also saw were some protestors in other states were getting arrested because protesting is considered non-essential. Getting real tired of the new essential buzzword of the month. Slippery slope we are on regarding our Rights....

Last edited:

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There will be some good court cases out of this and a lot more clarity soon on what mayors governors and other elected assholes can tell us what to do or not to do. Don’t forget we are not under martial law so none of our rights have been suspended. I am completely and totally surprised that no one has exercised their second amendment right to tell some low-level government official that they have overstepped there bounds.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
What are you fighting for? Your rights or life? No one is taking your rights away. It's not about rights. It's about life. It's about the right to live!!! Why don't you exercise your right and help on the front lines of this war? I really don't get it. I choose to live. If I have to sacrifice a little to gain a lot, I'm all in. Your rights, really! WTF...

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Just printed 50 face shields to be donated to Kaiser Permanente in Roseville! Able to print 52 per day, but having a hard time finding transparency film. Anyone have info on securing some? Next delivery is for the VA hospital in Rancho Cordova. Printing Red, White and Blue frames! 🇺🇸

Attachments

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
What's crazy is you can still boat by kayak, canoe or even a freakin' sail boat in Michigan but she banned "powered boat" and jet ski. Complete BS and that lady needs to be removed. Probably some GND lover. These state officials are overreaching IMHO.

Also saw were some protestors in other states were getting arrested because protesting is considered non-essential. Getting real tired of the new essential buzzword of the month. Slippery slope we are on regarding our Rights....
Figured it out!
They are all using the virus to clean up the environment and get rid of pollution to fix the ozone and global warming! Now we get mandatory shelter in place once a year for two weeks for the resurgence of the virus.
All the government leaders ofthe world except trump said they would work on it, well maybe he secretly agreed.
BOOM!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Long but food for thought from one of my fireworks reps over in China yesterday:

For the USA. I smell something very fishy going on. I lived through the whole virus thing here in China. It has come and gone, no one I know has died or gotten sick. (My father did die last week, but not from the virus!)

I am looking at this from 5,000 miles away and it looks like the USA is willing to commit collective economic suicide over this? Everyone in USA says they can't do anything about it and must follow the police. I thought the USA was the free country and China was the "police state"? Funny, now it looks like it is the opposite to me.

China business is 100% open now, there are no lockdowns or 10 person limits. The virus can't and will not kill everyone, but it can and will kill business that took a lifetime to build. Does that make any sense to you?

Here are some links to medical experts who disagree with the mainstream approach. http://the-emperor-has-no-clothes.com/index.php/medical-experts/ Personally, I think everything about the draconian lockdowns is wrong. I guess I would consider acts of civil disobedience if I were you. My company went back to work Feb 9th. I did not ask permission from anyone and I did not wait for someone to tell me it was ok. I just did it. Once I did it, others followed. That is what needs to happen in the USA. People need to drop their fear in the USA. People just need to go back to work. The politicians are seeing how far they can push this before business owners like you begin to speak-up. If you don't speak-up, they will assume you are perfectly happy to destroy your own business. So if I were you, I would speak-up. That is unless of course you are ok with not opening?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Again that was noy my words.
It will be interesting to see what the President says this afternoon and then the governor responses

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@31BVeteran,

That is impressive speed!

This eBay seller has the best prices that I have seen on clear binder covers. My first delivery is arriving today.

and

has a 20% code for filament for PPE COVID19HEROS.

That code worked for me for a 5KG spool of PETG shipped for $73. There are several 15% off codes floating around if that one does not work. zyltech20 and ZYLtechrocks! are other codes that may work.

Last edited:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think they may have just capitulated to all you big money golfers,
FYI, my daughter played tennis there on Saturday,

County Judge issued an addendum on Tuesday that reopened the course. Basically the rules are the same as what we were following before only now they have some teeth behind them. Nice thing is they put the flags back in the greens! They flipped the cups upside down so the ball can't drop in and you can't touch or remove the flags.

I played Wednesday afternoon.......It was glorious!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Speedling, the Chinese media is tightly controlled. I do not know where your contact is located but I am not surprised that Chinese in other regions would not be informed about what happened in Wuhan.

The Chinese certainly hurt themselves economically in the short term with the severe measures that they took. They were slow to take action but once they did it was extreme. They even welded apartment doors shut leaving a gap for food deliveries.

Those extreme measures reduced the spread outside of Wuhan and the surrounding providence. Some business tried to reopen too early, saw spread among workers and shut down again.

In the US we have not been able to limit the virus to a region. It is everywhere. We face two major options; we could try to continue business as usual with the virus forcing a shutdown as 60% of the workforce becomes ill and 6% die or non essential workers shelter in place reducing the spread to minimize overloading to the health care system, improve outcomes for those that become sick and reduce the number of health care workers lost.

Other countries will encourage civil disobedience. The more the US is harmed the better for them. The longer we resist sheltering in place the longer we will be fighting this.

This fight should not be about politics but focused on reducing the prevalence of the virus as quickly as possible with as little loss of life as possible.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Long but food for thought from one of my fireworks reps over in China yesterday:

For the USA. I smell something very fishy going on. I lived through the whole virus thing here in China. It has come and gone, no one I know has died or gotten sick. (My father did die last week, but not from the virus!)

I am looking at this from 5,000 miles away and it looks like the USA is willing to commit collective economic suicide over this? Everyone in USA says they can't do anything about it and must follow the police. I thought the USA was the free country and China was the "police state"? Funny, now it looks like it is the opposite to me.

China business is 100% open now, there are no lockdowns or 10 person limits. The virus can't and will not kill everyone, but it can and will kill business that took a lifetime to build. Does that make any sense to you?

Here are some links to medical experts who disagree with the mainstream approach. Medical Experts – The Emperor Has No Clothes Personally, I think everything about the draconian lockdowns is wrong. I guess I would consider acts of civil disobedience if I were you. My company went back to work Feb 9th. I did not ask permission from anyone and I did not wait for someone to tell me it was ok. I just did it. Once I did it, others followed. That is what needs to happen in the USA. People need to drop their fear in the USA. People just need to go back to work. The politicians are seeing how far they can push this before business owners like you begin to speak-up. If you don't speak-up, they will assume you are perfectly happy to destroy your own business. So if I were you, I would speak-up. That is unless of course you are ok with not opening?
Wow.
I would venture to guess most members of this forum would agree government overreach is a bad thing.
Personally, I'm bothered most when someone starts claiming "total authority".

Regardless of personal believes, pretending this covid thingy is just a blown out of proportion political campaign is pretty naive. In fact, both the Chinese and the T claimed exactly that at some point early on. Both were forced to revisit their positions, in lieu of facts.

I wonder if you considered what the consequences of doing nothing would be in this case? which I gather is your idea of dealing with this "non-virus, non-pandemic"? I don't know where you live, but I can tell you - where my family is staying right now very little has changed for anyone there to see as people there live as if (almost) nothing happened, in rural setting there is plenty of social distancing to start with. Not so much in more populous places - this thing gone out of control would no doubt had ended our economy as we know it.

It is never easy to do what's right, is it. I worry about my job, we may have furloughs coming soon.

--

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My step-brother doctor wrote me a boating prescription. Feel free to alter/copy as needed. :D

"Caucasian x 3 to H2O activity QOD (every other day) x 2hr/day."

Dx: Going Stir Crazy. ( ICD 10 Code F40.298 (other specified phobia))

Status
Not open for further replies.