• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ll take the data off death certificates, the Dr. signing the certificate is making a determination as an expert. The problem I see is heart attacks and strokes are very much stress induced occurrence, this whole thing is causing nothing but stress I would imagine.
The course is very uneven and in many cases is surprising and can be catastrophic, weird and very unpredictable is what I hear.
I don;t think anyu one really knows what to think at this point.

--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’ll take the data off death certificates, the Dr. signing the certificate is making a determination as an expert. The problem I see is heart attacks and strokes are very much stress induced occurrence, this whole thing is causing nothing but stress I would imagine.
Il take the death on the certificate as well. That's not what I'm trying to explain. The NUMBERS you see on these maps is NOT accurate data. Everyone just jumped on the data from the CDC ealier yet nobody is going to question these numbers when the Feds literally say they will count these cases as covid-19 deaths? It seems wrong or at the very least inaccurate.

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Il take the death on the certificate as well. That's not what I'm trying to explain. The NUMBERS you see on these maps is NOT accurate data. Period.
That's to an extent utter nonsense.
Let me give you an example. If you die of breast cancer your death certificate will in most cases, correctly, list the cause of death as cardiac arrest.

Currently, if you are symptomatic for coronavirus and/or test positive while dying there is good reason to consider death to be covid related,/causatively linked.

--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's to an extent utter nonsense.
Let me give you an example. If you die of breast cancer your death certificate will in most cases, correctly, list the cause of death as cardiac arrest.

--
I agree it is nonsense. Never disputed that. If they count the death as virus when it could be other factors that's wrong, I don't care what anyone says. If they use that data the data is FLAWED.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree it is nonsense. Never disputed that. If they count the death as virus when it could be other factors that's wrong, I don't care what anyone says. If they use that data the data is FLAWED.
Currently, if you are symptomatic for coronavirus and/or test positive while dying there is good reason to consider death to be covid related/causatively linked.

--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Currently, if you are symptomatic for coronavirus and/or test positive while dying there is good reason to consider death to be covid related/causatively linked.

--
That's wrong though. They need actual proof you died from the virus and not just from whatever illness that person may have already had, Take the baby in Lousina as a prime example. They counted that death as a covid-19 related death because the woman gave birth super freaking early. The chances of that baby surviving even if the woman was 100% healthy was very slim. Yet because the mother had the virus and went into labor early extremely prematurely at 22 weeks from the virus that they should count the baby as a covid-19 death? Sorry but that's not right and flawed data. Whatever happened to the idea the majority of the people that get these virus will be fine? Today if you die say from a heart attack on your way home from the hospital (people die from heart attacks all the time out of the blue) or hell just chilling in your house but you stress out and die from a heart attack while recovering weeks after a trip to the hospital and self quarantine from the virus (I'm not taking ventilator or person with severe issues anymore) they will use that death as died from 'complications of the virus" or some verbiage thereof and the number will be counted according to that coronavirus task force interview. I'm surprised you guys are in disagreement with that but it is what some people are doing unfortunately, even the Feds. Watch her interview I'm not making this nonsense up. I don't even read the New York Post, I linked it because it was the first place I ran across doing the Google search that showed the interview with Dr. Birx without having to own the YT app and search it that way.

Here is another link from another place that I don't read news from that also has the actual interview video Dr. Birx: Unlike Some Countries, "If Someone Dies With COVID-19 We Are Counting That As A COVID-19 Death" . Sorry having trouble finding it on YT as easily as Google searching. The source of the webpage is irrelevant. What is relevant is what she said and how they are counting the numbers.

Again for the umpteenth time please understand what I'm saying. Totally agree the virus is real. Totally agree people are dying from it. Totally agree the numbers are large. What I don't agree with are the numbers they are counting IF what she said is true. That's not conspiracy theory nonsense. That's just poor data. Why? No clue but it's stupid if that is the way they are tallying these numbers.

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I would like to know from those in the medical community to comment on how quickly you see things get reported. I have a few close friends that are nurses and ONE of those mentioned she thinks they have gotten backlogged with things changing so quick that they may have 5 cases but only 1 has been officially reported yet, with the other ones to be done but paperwork is secondary to care and treatment.
They have more cases than 5 but used that as the ratio.

Also, a husband of a nurse mentioned that what they are seeing is that if a ventilator is necessary it's almost always a death sentence anyway. And any pre-existing issue, obesity, asthma, cholesterol, anything is a huge red flag with this thing!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Apparently in many states alcohol can be delivered. Unfortunately that is not the case here in Alabama. We have a lot of local craft microbreweries that make delicious beer. Recently they have all been making hand sanitizers and such but that is not going to keep them afloat during this economic shutdown. They are now asking the Governor to allow them to make beer delivers and I would freaking love that! I would hate to see some of these great breweries go out of business for good. Same for some of the awesome local restaurants.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's wrong though. They need actual proof you died from the virus and not just from whatever illness that person may have already had, Take the baby in Lousina as a prime example. They counted that death as a covid-19 related death because the woman gave birth super freaking early. The chances of that baby surviving even if the woman was 100% healthy was very slim. Yet because the mother had the virus and went into labor early extremely prematurely at 22 weeks from the virus that they should count the baby as a covid-19 death? Sorry but that's not right and flawed data. Whatever happened to the idea the majority of the people that get these virus will be fine? Today if you die say from a heart attack on your way home from the hospital (people die from heart attacks all the time out of the blue) or hell just chilling in your house but you stress out and die from a heart attack while recovering weeks after a trip to the hospital and self quarantine from the virus (I'm not taking ventilator or person with severe issues anymore) they will use that death as died from 'complications of the virus" or some verbiage thereof and the number will be counted according to that coronavirus task force interview. I'm surprised you guys are in disagreement with that but it is what some people are doing unfortunately, even the Feds. Watch her interview I'm not making this nonsense up. I don't even read the New York Post, I linked it because it was the first place I ran across doing the Google search that showed the interview with Dr. Birx without having to own the YT app and search it that way.

Here is another link from another place that I don't read news from that also has the actual interview video Dr. Birx: Unlike Some Countries, "If Someone Dies With COVID-19 We Are Counting That As A COVID-19 Death" . Sorry having trouble finding it on YT as easily as Google searching. The source of the webpage is irrelevant. What is relevant is what she said and how they are counting the numbers.

Again for the umpteenth time please understand what I'm saying. Totally agree the virus is real. Totally agree people are dying from it. Totally agree the numbers are large. What I don't agree with are the numbers they are counting IF what she said is true. That's not conspiracy theory nonsense. That's just poor data. Why? No clue but it's stupid if that is the way they are tallying these numbers.
You're getting all bent out of shape over a non-issue, and putting context into Dr. Birx's statement that does not exist nor is it implied. If a person's pre-existing condition is exacerbated by COVID-19 infection, or if it makes them more susceptible to death as a result, it is rightfully to be recorded as COVID-related. The premature baby you keep bringing up, if the babies premature birth was directly associated with COVID-19 infection, then the baby's death is related to the infection. If instead the baby was born prematurely and died due to the mother having been in a car accident, its death would have been counted in traffic death statistics. A key reminder on what Swatski had mentioned, death is rarely a single-cause event, which is why death certificates contain multiple fields for data entry, each individually coded.

Classification of death is essentially a root cause analysis. In this case: why did the baby die? She stopped breathing (respiratory failure). Ok, why did she stop breathing? Because she was born too early. Ok, why was she born too early? etc. If a COVID-19 infection played a meaningful role in any step, it should be counted. There will be much more advanced analysis of the data when this is over.

die from a heart attack while recovering weeks after a trip to the hospital and self quarantine from the virus (I'm not taking ventilator or person with severe issues anymore) they will use that death as died from 'complications of the virus" or some verbiage thereof and the number will be counted according to that coronavirus task force interview.
No, they won't.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm just going by what she said in the interview. I didn't add any context of the interview that she didn't say herself. If that is what she didn't mean then she should have worded it differently IMO.

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Happy Easter!

1586698554798.jpeg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Happy easter all!

Yesterday I was riding at my favorite trail. I was feeling really good and my cardio has improved so much since start of spring. At the end of the day, I went to one of the many jump tracks that i've been many times. I have no problem clearing the 1st jump, but I dont like the 2nd. So I go to the 1st jump and then bypass the 2nd jump by going to right and down this little hill. The trail changed! The hill is no longer a hill, but rather a 5ft drop. I tried to land it, but I went over the bars and landed on my shoulder. I felt something wrong so I called my doctor friend and drove to her. We both agreed that I need an xray so we went to elmhurst nyc hospital to the expresscare area (it's separated from the coronavirus area). I got an xray and thankfully everything was fine.. Just need some rest and ice it. Super painful. The xray technician was using a 3D printed face shield, so I got his phone number and will coordinate to drop more 3D printed shields to them. Definitely a shortage of equipment there.

Be safe all! It's a little reminder that even if we are confident in our skills, that accidents do happen!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The xray technician was using a 3D printed face shield, so I got his phone number and will coordinate to drop more 3D printed shields to them.
@Bruce has been making those and shipping them out form the last week or so!

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I felt something wrong so I called my doctor friend and drove to her. We both agreed that I need an xray so we went to elmhurst nyc hospital to the expresscare area (it's separated from the coronavirus area)....
You know... for a moment I wasn't sure where were you going with this story... :p :p :p
Glad you are okay!

--

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
You know... for a moment I wasn't sure where were you going with this story... :p :p :p
Glad you are okay!

--
Haha with all my injuries .. yeah we've had some bonding through the time we've known each other 😂

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Haha with all my injuries .. yeah we've had some bonding through the time we've known each other 😂
@swatski is my favorite doctor friend and there certainly is bonding but not that kind.

I have been printing the HOME | Mercy Face Shield design out of PETG. The PETG should last longer and is dishwasher safe. I can print about 20 a day.

These face mask bands are greatly appreciated as well.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah I really want to do more to help. I just received news that we lost a family friend to Covid19. He was a great man and always trying to make people laugh. He adopted my mother's cat when she couldn't keep him so I will contact the children tomorrow and offer to take him, even if it's temporary. Anything to help them through this time.

It's starting to hit home here and now i'm inspired more then ever to help fight this. How have you guys donated?

Last edited:

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well.. I know my wife had a nasty cough for about 2 weeks to start Feb. She went on trip with her mom and sister to NYC for valentine's weekend. I made her go to doc in returning and she had upper respiratory infection. I now joke with her she brought it to NYC.

My kids school district closed down 2 days before christmas break was scheduled due to 14% of students and teachers being absent and they wanted to stop any type of "pandemic". No one in my family tested positive for flu but 2 of my 3 kids showed symptoms.

I just hope all our healthcare workers on this site stay healthy as well as all our other members.

Status
Not open for further replies.