• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I debated in sharing this, just for the fact I don't want it to appear as any form of self promotion, but I believe it to be coming from a sincere desire to help, so here it is.

Slingshot Sports is sponsoring a donation fund raiser. You pick an awesome "We will shed again" shirt and 100% off your purchase is donated to the World Health Organization Solidarity Response Fund. They have already exceeded their goal and tomorrow is the last day to donate/purchase. I purchased tees, one my wife and one for myself.
SHRED_AGAIN_CLOTHING_1_IG.jpgSHRED_AGAIN_CLOTHING_3_IG.jpg
SHRED_AGAIN_CLOTHING_2_IG.jpgSHRED_AGAIN_CLOTHING_4_IG.jpg

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I debated in sharing this, just for the fact I don't want it to appear as any form of self promotion, but I believe it to be coming from a sincere desire to help, so here it is.

Slingshot Sports is sponsoring a donation fund raiser. You pick an awesome "We will shed again" shirt and 100% off your purchase is donated to the World Health Organization Solidarity Response Fund. They have already exceeded their goal and tomorrow is the last day to donate/purchase. I purchased tees, one my wife and one for myself.
View attachment 115824View attachment 115825
View attachment 115826View attachment 115827
This is a great idea. I am trying to put together a shirt that could be some kind of movement. I think it needs a logo, can anyone do decent graphic design? I think the underlying idea is good. And then where should donations go?
1586782169598.png

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is a great idea. I am trying to put together a shirt that could be some kind of movement. I think it needs a logo, can anyone do decent graphic design? I think the underlying idea is good. And then where should donations go?
View attachment 115857
Maybe something like a picture of the virus split in half with shockwaves emanating from it like a planet exploding...? I'm no artists, so good luck! You could donate to the same organization, although I'm sure there are many.
20200413_073207.jpg

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Maybe something like a picture of the virus split in half with shockwaves emanating from it like a planet exploding...? I'm no artists, so good luck! You could donate to the same organization, although I'm sure there are many.
View attachment 115861
That is a good idea. I found an image on this article, but idk if I can get permission to use their image. I emailed them and asked

1586789210623.png

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Was talking with a friend over the weekend about the supply chain issues we are seeing. In particular the TP "crisis" that I assumed was solely due to people TP hoarding. Well that is only a part of the equation. The other part of it is that there is indeed a short fall in home use TP because many of us would go to the office and use Commercial/industrial TP during the biggest chunk of our waking hours. That TP is made on different lines, different form factor, and distributed differently. It includes all the offices, factories, stores, hotels, restaurants etc where we'd normally go. Food for thought.....

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
That is a good idea. I found an image on this article, but idk if I can get permission to use their image. I emailed them and asked

View attachment 115868
Sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. (forgot this saying - need to post in the other thread). Just saying...

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. (forgot this saying - need to post in the other thread). Just saying...
People are doing that to my brother's IslandJay designs on a daily basis.....they troll what sells well and then copy it exactly and sell it themselves. They now have a lawyer on retainer who does nothing but sue their asses. It is really disgusting and amazing all at once....they don't even bother taking the IslandJay logo off it! But they do print it on shit material, then IslandJay gets a call complaining about the quality!!!!!! Shafted twice! The primary problem is finding these aholes!

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
People are doing that to my brother's IslandJay designs on a daily basis.....they troll what sells well and then copy it exactly and sell it themselves. They now have a lawyer on retainer who does nothing but sue their asses. It is really disgusting and amazing all at once....they don't even bother taking the IslandJay logo off it! But they do print it on shit material, then IslandJay gets a call complaining about the quality!!!!!! Shafted twice! The primary problem is finding these aholes!
I had a similar thing that happened in the stand up jet ski community. I was running a really small business just for extra cash and a college kid copied my work and undercut me. I didn't find out until I posted my product in a facebook group and I got attacked by the kid and all his friends. They had convinced everyone that it was their idea and they were throwing tantrums about me providing competition. I stopped selling and stopped trying to provide anything of value to that community because the demographic skews too young and immature. I didn't really care because it wasn't very profitable, but I can't imagine the feeling when it's your livelihood.

edit: but then again. I think this completely different. It's not like this person is marketing his art work. It's only going to fundraising efforts and maybe I can just provide credit.

Last edited:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Sorry, didn't' mean to offend nor would I intend to screw anybody. I was under the impression the tees were a couple AND not for sale. Of course sue them, YES.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I had a similar thing that happened in the stand up jet ski community. I was running a really small business just for extra cash and a college kid copied my work and undercut me. I didn't find out until I posted my product in a facebook group and I got attacked by the kid and all his friends. They had convinced everyone that it was their idea and they were throwing tantrums about me providing competition. I stopped selling and stopped trying to provide anything of value to that community because the demographic skews too young and immature. I didn't really care because it wasn't very profitable, but I can't imagine the feeling when it's your livelihood.

edit: but then again. I think this completely different. It's not like this person is marketing his art work. It's only going to fundraising efforts and maybe I can just provide credit.
@Dean P

No offense taken....I was just talking about this yesterday with my brother, so it was fresh in my mind! They are having to spend a fortune searching for and tracking down then sending lawyers after these folks!

Amazon used to be really good about taking them down. Now their response is: order a shirt from the vendor first and if it is the same, then contact us!!! WTF?

Sorry if my rant came on too strongly....but this counterfeiting is going nuts.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah I really want to do more to help. I just received news that we lost a family friend to Covid19. He was a great man and always trying to make people laugh. He adopted my mother's cat when she couldn't keep him so I will contact the children tomorrow and offer to take him, even if it's temporary. Anything to help them through this time.

It's starting to hit home here and now i'm inspired more then ever to help fight this. How have you guys donated?
sorry for your loss

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well, I'm back in the unit folks, day 1/7!

Now wearing a n95 with a surgical mask on top, all shift. It leaves ouchies. Good news, some people get better, are being liberated from the breathing machine. At all ages. Not so good news? People of all ages also very sick. Stay safe lads!

00100sPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200413090649258_COVER.jpg IMG_20200413_161343.jpg

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Which ender model is that? I like the screen. 245* - printing PETG?
It began life as a CR-10S Pro. I wanted to print joystick boots out of Ninja Flex. After exhausting possibilities with the stock setup I upgraded to a Micro Swiss hotend. I was given an E3D Hemera direct extruder for Christmas. It also has a Tiny Machines dual sided print surface, TM pulleys joining the dual Z screws and custom firmware from TM. I am able to print cleanly at twice the speed that it did stock.

I am printing all this PPE in PETG. It lasts longer, is more flexible and dish washer safe.

I just received a little more filament. Should be enough for 360 face shields.

9E4D1C82-6982-4882-B303-469D60E04891.jpeg

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
^ is that English?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
^ is that English?
I understood it......Just barely, and because I keep up with the 3D printing industry (despite not personally owning one yet).

I've been debating on building a CoreXY machine for sometime. Has a decent print volume, good speed and high accuracy. I think of something I could print about 3-4 times a week. Man I could really use a "insert neat idea here", and I could make one if I had a printer.

If you're looking for a non-coronavirus rabbit hole to go down, check out DIY casting techniques using 3D printed parts as the blank for the mold.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
^ is that English?
It is like modding your boat except with 3D printing you can mod your printer, your boat, your home and your life.

I bought the printer to create a waterproof controller for this device. @justason and I shared a lot of jokes about the skyrocketing cost of that project.

You can see some of my designs at GavWorks's Thingiverse Profile

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Status
Not open for further replies.