• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Crab Island Destin Fl

Haha Hey man I’m military. I actually went to high school and college around where it looks like you’re from (Marietta/Kennesaw area) followed up by 2 years stationed in Mississippi and 5.5 years stationed in middle of no where New Mexico...which is awful. Ive seen more than my share of bad assignments lol...and that’s not including the 7 deployments :-)

Agree with Dean, thanks for your service! My buddy was in the Navy and was stationed in Honolulu for a few years. It’s a nice perk since you are willing to sacrifice so much. Where did you go to school? I have lived in Acworth and now Marietta. I went to Kennesaw State for college.

Agree with Dean, thanks for your service! My buddy was in the Navy and was stationed in Honolulu for a few years. It’s a nice perk since you are willing to sacrifice so much. Where did you go to school? I have lived in Acworth and now Marietta. I went to Kennesaw State for college.
That’s awesome man I went to KSU also! I was at Ga Tech for my Air Force classes and KSU for civilian classes. Graduated KSU in May 2009

Live in pcb , we go down intercostal and across bay 10 plus times per year . Did last weekend . It gets crowded on holiday weekends , make sure you have two anchors front and back to secure your boat as tides and wind changes throughout the day. Bri g your own alcohol as they don’t sell it anymore on crab island restaurants . Your boat will be more than enough to handle the bay . The sheriff patrol there actually uses the same boat I have FSH210. You will have a blast ..

I live in Destin and I’m out at Crab Island almost every Sat/Sun. So far no real issues with the current, I just have one anchor and bury it in the sand. Problem with 2 anchors is if you’re not careful, the currents will shift, and everyone with one anchor, their boat swings with it. But the people who anchored front and back stays put, often risking being hit if they’re next to single anchor boats that are parked close.
Joes Bayou is an easy place to put the Boat in the water, but if you dont live in Destin its $20 every day you use it. There is parking right there tho only for vehicles with trailers. For a solid bottle of Bourbon I’m willing to let people park their boats in my driveway and use my hose to clean off boat/trailer haha. I’m pretty central in Destin, right next to the Air Port and approx 4 min from Joes Bayou boat launch.
Might take you up on this in 2020. What do you consider a solid bottle. Will Bulliet work since i always have that in abundance, lol.

Might take you up on this in 2020. What do you consider a solid bottle. Will Bulliet work since i always have that in abundance, lol.
I was thinking the same thing as the wife and I move towards planning next summers vacation already. I told her "I know of a guy that will probably let us store/wash the boat if I bring him a couple nice bottles of bourbon"......She thinks I'm full of crap, but living in the heart of bourbon country, I can get my hands on some nice examples.

@NSAviator Whats a bottle you've been wanting that you can't seem to get your hands on? I have some buddies that go to a few bourbon "lotteries" every year where they can get rare/hard to get bottles for list price. What are you looking for?

I was thinking the same thing as the wife and I move towards planning next summers vacation already. I told her "I know of a guy that will probably let us store/wash the boat if I bring him a couple nice bottles of bourbon"......She thinks I'm full of crap, but living in the heart of bourbon country, I can get my hands on some nice examples.

@NSAviator Whats a bottle you've been wanting that you can't seem to get your hands on? I have some buddies that go to a few bourbon "lotteries" every year where they can get rare/hard to get bottles for list price. What are you looking for?
We've got a new place in town that is making small batch bourbon. Might have to bring a bottle of that too!!

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this! Anything from a lottery would be great haha. Or a few bottles of some stuff that's easier to find (like blantons, old forester 1920, old forester 1910) a bottle of rock hill farms, kentucky owl, obviously anything pappy (they're not expensive if you can find em at retail lol)

Summer is around the corner! I’m local here and at crab island most weekends...especially if the tides are good. For blue water, make sure you’re going during the incoming tide! No bathrooms out there...they don’t sell booze...currents can be swift (watch your kids). Keep your eye out for rentals...they mostly have no idea what they’re doing.

have fun! If you see a black 242 with American flag and a “let’s tie up” flag, come say hi!

I’ll be out there this weekend probably.

Back