• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dangerous Waters

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So @veedubtek any interest in doing this next month? I bet you could talk @robert843 into taking that other ski of yours ;). @JROD can you provide a little more detail like days needed, what's the plan in getting back, where to stay, etc? Can't seem to shake this idea as Bimini just doesn't seem to be enough this year.
I can’t commit to a weeks worth of time off this year to run to Miami but I can do a weekend run from Hilton head SC to Jacksonville Fl or possibly a Moore head city Nc to Norfolk VA run

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For me @JROD it would definitely be solo. I know Brit would not want to ride on the back for that long and it's not nearly as enjoyable 2up. I'm a little like Robert as it might be tough for me to pull an entire week off next month. With that said, I shouldn't have issues taking 2 to 3 off. Wrap those around a weekend and I'd be good for 4 to 5 straight days. Charleston/Hilton Head to Jacksonville would be much easier for me logistically speaking with the days needed when counting trailering if only doing one way. @robert843 are you talking about a 1 way or a round trip?

This would be a great year to start the loop. I'd be extremely interested in piecing it together over the next several years and I'd love to see my Delorme make the full circle.

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
For me @JROD it would definitely be solo. I know Brit would not want to ride on the back for that long and it's not nearly as enjoyable 2up. I'm a little like Robert as it might be tough for me to pull an entire week off next month. With that said, I shouldn't have issues taking 2 to 3 off. Wrap those around a weekend and I'd be good for 4 to 5 straight days. Charleston/Hilton Head to Jacksonville would be much easier for me logistically speaking with the days needed when counting trailering if only doing one way. @robert843 are you talking about a 1 way or a round trip?

This would be a great year to start the loop. I'd be extremely interested in piecing it together over the next several years and I'd love to see my Delorme make the full circle.
OK, I am game for whatever works 4 U all going south. Just let me know some dates and I'll work it out to meet U in Charleston or HH since that will probably be an overnight stop for me.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

That's what this is my loop plan for this year. I plan to do both those trips by the end of October. My plan is one way I would say we start in Jacksonville and come back to Hilton Head. If we do it in September I can get a discount on lodging in Hilton Head. We would pick a marina in Jacksonville drop the skis take the trailers back to Hilton Head and drive a rental car back to Jacksonville. Its Probably about 1.5 hours drive each way so it shouldn't be bad and we should easily do the entire water portion in one day. The girls could hang out on the Beach in Hilton Head if they wanted but I'm not opposed to running this on a Saturday and even heading home Saturday night it could be a day trip it would just be a long one or we meet in Jacksonville Friday night. Maybe @ACrews is interested as well. If @veedubtek won't let me steal one of his skis I will just go buy one and sell it in the spring or after I do the NC to VA run.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843 just keep me in the back of your mind... When doing the nc portion I can help with logistics... Drive your trailer to your ending point and leave it etc... No worries at all!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Y'all make our Trinity River rides look like a evening cruise! We just did 1-day 200 mile ride on May 29, 2018. This is from an earlier ride:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=254635

Most of us are running recently converted 4-stroke Yamaha SUVs (originally produced from 1999 to 2004 as 2-strokes). On a ride last year I could not figure out why my ski was taking on water. When I got home I realized I'd left the drain plugs open the whole day!

-Greg

Attachments

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How did Bob's (sparkx4) Tennessee River trip end???
Fascinating!

--
So I talked to this guy before on greenhulk and that was a crazy trip. Weird part was his last post was just a few days before his departure for his second part of his trip he never logged in or posted again I always wondered if something went wrong.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What's your thoughts @veedubtek?
That I need a job at Wells Fargo or Sysco so I can have as much time off as y'all. I could definitely commit to a 3-400 mile weekend, but that's about all my workload will allow right now.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That I need a job at Wells Fargo or Sysco so I can have as much time off as y'all. I could definitely commit to a 3-400 mile weekend, but that's about all my workload will allow right now.
Lol shoot you know I only get one day off a week. I’m talking about clearing all of GA in a day. We all roll out Friday meet either in Hilton Head or Jacksonville and do it all Saturday. I do have access to a double trailer so there are multiple ways to work out logistics

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm like most of you. I wouldn't be able to take a lot of time off at a time, but if we could figure out how to piece it together, Meg may not have an issue with me going. I haven't been home much since Easter & I'm ok taking a leave of absence from my travel duties. That way I could work close to home & sure she'd be ok with me playing on weekends

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got some guys I've rode with in Jax group that done the cross Florida trip. I'd like to do that too

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I could probably do Aug 18 or 25th for the Hilton Head to Jacksonville run. I could take a double trailer down to Jacksonville on Friday and meet @veedubtek back in Hilton Head so he doesn’t have to drive to Jacksonville Friday night I would rent a car to get back to Hilton Head so I could carry anyone else back as well if you guys wanted. Run down to Jacksonville Saturday morning and come back to Hilton Head by car to grab @veedubtek car.

@ACrews @JROD @Ramblin Wreck i will tag @Andy S as we’ll just in case

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You sucked me in and now on episode 2, they should have went with Yamaha’s!

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@robert843 please tell me you aren't shooting to start the weekend of August 18th?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 please tell me you aren't shooting to start the weekend of August 18th?
It’s a one day trip basically it could be gone the 18th or 25th but I’m open to what ever.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It’s a one day trip basically it could be gone the 18th or 25th but I’m open to what ever.
Ok. Just a few days ago I promised Meg a weekend getaway to Orlando for the weekend of the 18th. Happens to be the Orlando boat show, but hey, what else would someone do in Orlando. Haha