• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dangerous Waters

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok. Just a few days ago I promised Meg a weekend getaway to Orlando for the weekend of the 18th. Happens to be the Orlando boat show, but hey, what else would someone do in Orlando. Haha
Fine I will save you that headache you can buy my 2017 AR240 with 65 hours and a warranty till 4/2022 with trim tabs, 2 JL Amps, 6 Kicker KM 6.5's, JL 10 inch sub, Garmin 54CV, tower rod holders, all extra pieces of Seadek they make, keelsheild, Blue LED lights through out, Extra table leg (to hold your grill), and several other custom mods for $47,000 and you guys can call it a day on the boat show.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@robert843 we're only looking for the dream boat for now! Lol. You do have yours setup nice tho.

I've looked all over, & thought we had "the one" picked out. Was finally going to be home for a 2 day weekend before the 4th = perfect time to buy...the work called needing me back up north yet again.

Long story short, between the rain & work, we may hold off this year. We wouldn't have been able to do any trip this year with our schedule.

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
That's what this is my loop plan for this year. I plan to do both those trips by the end of October. My plan is one way I would say we start in Jacksonville and come back to Hilton Head. If we do it in September I can get a discount on lodging in Hilton Head. We would pick a marina in Jacksonville drop the skis take the trailers back to Hilton Head and drive a rental car back to Jacksonville. Its Probably about 1.5 hours drive each way so it shouldn't be bad and we should easily do the entire water portion in one day. The girls could hang out on the Beach in Hilton Head if they wanted but I'm not opposed to running this on a Saturday and even heading home Saturday night it could be a day trip it would just be a long one or we meet in Jacksonville Friday night. Maybe @ACrews is interested as well. If @veedubtek won't let me steal one of his skis I will just go buy one and sell it in the spring or after I do the NC to VA run.
No problem, but I am going opposite way, perhaps we can meet in HH or Jacksonville? If not perhaps next time.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I could probably do Aug 18 or 25th for the Hilton Head to Jacksonville run. I could take a double trailer down to Jacksonville on Friday and meet @veedubtek back in Hilton Head so he doesn’t have to drive to Jacksonville Friday night I would rent a car to get back to Hilton Head so I could carry anyone else back as well if you guys wanted. Run down to Jacksonville Saturday morning and come back to Hilton Head by car to grab @veedubtek car.

@ACrews @JROD @Ramblin Wreck i will tag @Andy S as we’ll just in case
Either weekend I can help out with moving vehicles around and/or towing skis. Also, I could bring my boat to be the tender for the group. Whatever help you need just let me know.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Y'all thinking we find a launch point in Jacksonville & end in Hilton Head?

I'm still driving my ol gas hog, but thinking if someone wants to come down, can drive mine tow vehicle back to Hilton Head, then can ride back to Jax with m.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Y'all thinking we find a launch point in Jacksonville & end in Hilton Head?

I'm still driving my ol gas hog, but thinking if someone wants to come down, can drive mine tow vehicle back to Hilton Head, then can ride back to Jax with m.
Ideally I would like to start in Jacksonville and end in Hilton Head but it will probably be much easier for @veedubtek to do the opposite. As he could leave work on Friday and drive straight to Hilton Head I would have the availability to already have another vehicle and trailer set up in Jacksonville to bring him and I back to his vehicle on Saturday night.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Pretty good amount of road time for just one day a fun. Any interest in a round trip? Leave HH Saturday morning and come back Sunday. I imagine everyone would be able to make the drive back home that night if needed to be at work on Monday. Want to put some hours on the Cobalt Andy or are you ready to give the Triton another shot?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pretty good amount of road time for just one day a fun. Any interest in a round trip? Leave HH Saturday morning and come back Sunday. I imagine everyone would be able to make the drive back home that night if needed to be at work on Monday. Want to put some hours on the Cobalt Andy or are you ready to give the Triton another shot?
I could but it would be a really early round trip I would need to be back to our start before noon for sure. Probably easier for me to go one way but I'm sure someone would do both. I have to work on Sunday covering some phones and a laptop one of these days I will get a cake job like @veedubtek where I get two days a week off but not yet. Untill them I will keep my 6am-10pm schedule Sunday thru Friday :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Either weekend I can help out with moving vehicles around and/or towing skis. Also, I could bring my boat to be the tender for the group. Whatever help you need just let me know.
I'm shopping for some rides for us for this trip @Andy S I will keep you posted especially if Cindy isn't interested no need to take the boat. If Cindy is interested and you want to take a boat we can work that out as well.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@robert843 I'm sure that makes for long days, but on the bright side, at least you get to be home. Being gone 2-3 weeks at a time gets old. Especially when ya do get home, it's on a Saturday & then have to leave back out on Monday

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I may be down for that. It would be easier for me than having to move vehicles around

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm shopping for some rides for us for this trip @Andy S I will keep you posted especially if Cindy isn't interested no need to take the boat. If Cindy is interested and you want to take a boat we can work that out as well.
Cindy is unavailable the weekend of the 18th and might not be back by the 25th, so if you don't need me as a tender I won't bring my boat. But I still will help out with vehicle/trailer logistics.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 I'm sure that makes for long days, but on the bright side, at least you get to be home. Being gone 2-3 weeks at a time gets old. Especially when ya do get home, it's on a Saturday & then have to leave back out on Monday
I got that work if you want it on the road four days a week and home every night if want it let me know you let me know

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
After visiting Cat Cay this year, I'm just not sure your boat is big enough to qualify as a tender, @Andy S

What's the distance via waterway HH -> Jax? No wake zones?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
After visiting Cat Cay this year, I'm just not sure your boat is big enough to qualify as a tender, @Andy S

True with the comparison to the boats at Cat Cay but compared to your skis my boat is tender size.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Based on the mile markers on these bridge listings aprox 160-180 miles if we start on the south end of Hilton Head and Stop just short of Jacksonville in Amelia Island or Fernando Beach. I have not done this stretch but I imagine its pretty baron with not a lot in the way of no wake zones outside of Savannah and once we get into Florida. Probably an 8 hour day on the water so with a 6am start we should be at the end around 2pm.

Savannah, GA
Mile Marker 579.9 21' Causton Bluff Bascule Bridge

Fernando Beach FL
Mile Marker 720.7 5' Kingsley Creek RR Bridge

http://www.icwplanningguide.com/Pages/Bridge-Restrictions.aspx

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dee Dee Bartels is a nice boat ramp. There is also another public boat ramp on the south side of Fernandina Harbor marina. Both are about as close to Ga line as you can get at the south point of Cumberland

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Got some guys I've rode with in Jax group that done the cross Florida trip. I'd like to do that too
That's and awesome trip. I did it a couple of years ago from east side, Stuart to Fort Myers thru Ocheechobi canal, thru Ocheechobi lake and return. 4 locks if I remember right.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Absolutely! Sign me up!
If your serious hit me up. We are always hiring for drivers man don't get me wrong these guys bust their tales those four days the work as they unload the trucks at customers but yeah we are surely hiring.