• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

DJI Mavic Drone

JEvanoff

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Are you grabbing pics off of video or are those actual images from the "picture mode?"
Those are actual pictures from the Mavic, it seems like there is a loss of picture quality when taking them off of a video.

JEvanoff

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great pics and interesting camp ground/boating area.

Saw this guy in your pics..... he seems a little confused on how the ramp works :)
View attachment 59218
I didn't even notice that!!! LOL
Boat ramps are a great place to hang out and just get entertained!

Last edited:

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@JEvanoff wow those pictures look great, I guest I need to replay with my photos on the mavic
Are those photos unedited?
Any filters?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have some good news to report. After recalibrating the IMU (Image Motion Unit), Gimbal and compass as well as updating to the newest firmware, my pics and video look clear, so far anyway. If this keeps up such that I don't have to recalibrate the IMU everytime I fly it I will keep the system. Incidentally, now that I have upgraded the firmware there is a new no fly or at least warning zone near my home. I got about 100' away from my home and the heli would not fly across this new virtual border. Also, watching youtube videos last night I ran across how to set the sport "plus" mode which allows inverted flight, flips, rolls, loops, etc. just toggle the sport switch three times quickly.

I will try and post pics and video of the clear stuff later tonight. Not much to see but at least it is clear now.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I didn't know about the sport "plus" mode. That's interesting. Not sure I want to try it yet but I will some day!

I tested out a few of the other modes this weekend. I couldn't get follow me to work before I went on the boat and searching Google was no help. Just a bunch of people saying it was a bug and an issue (including DJI people on their forum). It turns out my iPhone hadn't selected either "Never" or "Allow when using the app" for location settings on DJI Go 4.

After using this a few times I agree, the Phantom was much easier to just get clear shots. The Mavic requires manual intervention. I've also discovered that a second battery is a must if you are somewhere you can't charge or can't wait for a charge.

I'll cut up a couple of my videos and pictures from this weekend and post them shortly.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Quick video I made with tracking mode. 1080P/96fps results in some really bad video quality that runs in slow motion in multiple applications. I sped this up to 400% and it is close to real time.

JEvanoff

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Quick video I made with tracking mode. 1080P/96fps results in some really bad video quality that runs in slow motion in multiple applications. I sped this up to 400% and it is close to real time.

Is that spotlight mode?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It was Active Tracking. I wanted to use Follow Me but it kept saying GPS signal low. I fixed that later on with the settings change on my iPhone I mentioned earlier.
Maybe that giant house was blocking the satellite signal :D

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I shoot in 2.7K and lower, until today almost all of my footage was blurry. Consider calibrating the IMU, it worked for me, hopefully it will for you to.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I shoot in 2.7K and lower, until today almost all of my footage was blurry. Consider calibrating the IMU, it worked for me, hopefully it will for you to.
I’ll give it a shot, thanks. The other modes seem better but I haven’t had much time to cut any down to post or to really focus on trying to get good shots.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mavic vs spark

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great video and "I'm a dangerous man with some money in my pocket!" Thinking about ordering a spark fly more bundle right now but only if It is waiting for me when I get home from work tomorrow.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
The more I see of the Spark, the more I like it. I do think it should have been $100-$200 cheaper, but based on availability, it seems there are no shortage of buyers.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just sent a text to the seller on this one. "Keep up!"
IMG_0027.PNG