• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Docking in high wind

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How to dock like a boss in high wind

They Kedged their way in with the help of thrusters surely. Nicely done. They may need to draw on that anchor chain to leave the dock. Must be a 10° list from the wind.

They Kedged their way in with the help of thrusters surely. Nicely done. They may need to draw on that anchor chain to leave the dock. Must be a 10° list from the wind.
I was curious if the list was from the wind or not.

Boats in the background don't have it, so I was curious if that was really the case. Either way, person driving that is way better than I am.

I was curious if the list was from the wind or not.

Boats in the background don't have it, so I was curious if that was really the case. Either way, person driving that is way better than I am.

A lot of Windage on those boats. The effect of the wind on her topsides, the opposite force of the thrusters below the waterline keeping her from slamming into the dock as well as the pull from the anchor near/just below the axis of roll.

Last edited:
Congrats to that captain and crew. I would not want to do that daily.

I have always enjoyed watching the videos of car and people ferries over in the med. They back in and lower the ramp and people and vehicles charge out between waves crashing onto the wharf.

The wind did all the work! Let’s see him do it with the wind blowing out instead of in ;)

I’m surprised they didn’t wait that out for a calmer time.

The wind did all the work! Let’s see him do it with the wind blowing out instead of in ;)

I’m surprised they didn’t wait that out for a calmer time.
Blowing out is much easier. Pull bow straight up to dock (perpendicular) and tie on a bow line, back up a little and then put in full reverse with wheels pointed at the dock.

Bumping this thread… I came across the original u tube this morning …

Back