• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

DSVR ignition wire splice help

Trucon01

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hey guys,

I have a 2022 255xd. I'm trying to tie the Dsvr loop wire to the port side engine on wire (storage mode). I've read a bunch of posts and everyone is referring to a purple (P ENG ON) wire, but there is no purple wire on any of the 3 harnesses.

Anyone have a location of this thing?

Attachments

• PXL_20220617_021125932.jpg
    PXL_20220617_021125932.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 20
I tied mine to battery switch. Does the same thing without needing to splice your harness.

Do you have a pic??
I'm trying to only have it on when the port side engine is on though. This isn't for charging purposes. I have lithium batteries and the voltages are higher.... the Dsvr is always going to parallel my batteries...

If i tie it to the battery switch, that's not going to help me, I don't believe.

I tied mine to the battery switch for charging purposes but I was gonna use the engine wire. It should be near the throttle cable on the port side (just above the throttle cam. There are 3 looms of wire that come together. It may be different, but that's where I found it on my 212s. You have to pull the black wire flex conduit back to see it
Good luck!

I tied mine to the battery switch for charging purposes but I was gonna use the engine wire. It should be near the throttle cable on the port side (just above the throttle cam. There are 3 looms of wire that come together. It may be different, but that's where I found it on my 212s. You have to pull the black wire flex conduit back to see it
Good luck!
Ok. This is an E series boat so I'm not sure I have any of that... What if I just cut the damn wire and leave it? Temporarily it would only ever charge the start battery and never the house, correct?

Ok. This is an E series boat so I'm not sure I have any of that... What if I just cut the damn wire and leave it? Temporarily it would only ever charge the start battery and never the house, correct?
Right, my bad, but there still should be a set of wires coming off the port engine tied to the side of the engine compartment. I would think it would be there.

Yeah, if you just just cut it and cap the end, it will just charge the start batterry. Then you can fix it when you locate the engine wire.

Right, my bad, but there still should be a set of wires coming off the port engine tied to the side of the engine compartment. I would think it would be there.

Yeah, if you just just cut it and cap the end, it will just charge the start batterry. Then you can fix it when you locate the engine wire.
Cool, I may just do that. My house is a 300ah, so I don't think I'll need that charged on 1 trip...

I’m not sure if the 255 XD comes with an ACC/ spare rocker switch or not, if it does you could always actuate them DVSR manually by using that switch. I have basically the same set up as you, except I have an AGM start battery and 100ah LiFePO house battery.

Back