• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

dual impellers

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I need to replace both impellers and wear rings. has anyone used the dual impellers? I was talking to impros today and he suggested using dual impellers. I don't care about top speed, we do mostly surfing, wakeboarding, and tubing.

I need to replace both impellers and wear rings. has anyone used the dual impellers? I was talking to impros today and he suggested using dual impellers. I don't care about top speed, we do mostly surfing, wakeboarding, and tubing.

I have not tried dual impellers.

But based on your wants that is why Impros suggested dual impellers, great hole shot and great bite in the water.

6CW impellers( stock 19ft boat impellers ) all day long. They are great or hole shot.

I wasn’t even aware these existed for jets. Pretty cool. It would be interesting to see someone try it and see if there are advantages for surfing with lowering RPM and extra ballast. Not sure anyone has done it on here or I have missed it. Something like this https://www.jetpackamerica.com/product/skat-trak-dual-impeller/. If that is giving them more height it has to equate to more thrust / power and they claim reduces RPM. Someone try it :D

Last edited:
@haknslash It would be nice to know. Not on the list of mods for this year.

My understanding is that you need good power to use dual impellers. At least in the wav runner world they use them, when you have done mods to your supercharged ski. Most folks don't though, since it takes a lot of tweaking to get right.

Back