• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

DVSR help...

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think I found a simi easy solution that would engange with either or both motors were running. https://www.amazon.com/Dual-SPST-NO-Power-Relay-Module/dp/B09T6TNRMV/ Connect 1 relay input to each ignition switch, Parallel the 2 red outputs and connect to a battery source voltage and parallel the negtives adn connect to the cut wire on the DVSR.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think that would work Laze…

Here is how I see your wring?

Input 1 yellow to the boat ignition 1/port, input 1 blue wire to ground
Input 2 yellow to the boat ignition 2/ starboard, input 2 blue wire to ground

Output C1 red & Output C2 red tie together and attach to switched side of start battery.
Output NO1 black & Output NO2 black tie together and attach to DVSR red wire.

2DE0C50D-D7FB-4065-9EE6-1AFE38639D64.jpeg

I get having the two relays in one box. How about using two of these as they are waterproof relays.

Yes, using the rocker switch on the dash is a very simple way to turn the DVSR on and off, essentially the same as using an ignition hot to activate a relay. The other thing I do is I wait for the starter battery voltage to exceed the house battery voltage before I activate the rocker switch, I do that to keep the house battery from trying to flow it’s power into the start battery.

If you put a smart shunt (sorry can’t remember if you did that already) on your house battery you will be surprised how many amps flow into your LiFePO4 battery when it’s down 40-50% from your engines.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think that would work Laze…

Here is how I see your wring?

Input 1 yellow to the boat ignition 1/port, input 1 blue wire to ground
Input 2 yellow to the boat ignition 2/ starboard, input 2 blue wire to ground

Output C1 red & Output C2 red tie together and attach to switched side of start battery.
Output NO1 black & Output NO2 black tie together and attach to DVSR red wire.

View attachment 213132

I get having the two relays in one box. How about using two of these as they are waterproof relays.

Yes, using the rocker switch on the dash is a very simple way to turn the DVSR on and off, essentially the same as using an ignition hot to activate a relay. The other thing I do is I wait for the starter battery voltage to exceed the house battery voltage before I activate the rocker switch, I do that to keep the house battery from trying to flow it’s power into the start battery.

If you put a smart shunt (sorry can’t remember if you did that already) on your house battery you will be surprised how many amps flow into your LiFePO4 battery when it’s down 40-50% from your engines.
Your wireing explination was exactly what i was thinking too. I was also looking at the single relays I just posed the one I did for easier explination to everyone here.. I did put a shunt in last year, although I usually dont look at the app while running the boat, usully while just floating to see how much solar I have coming in. Im also switching my solar charge controleler to a 2 bank unit. My last 2 outings the low voltage alarm has been going off on my VHF for the house battery after just sitting 10 min so that battery was due for replacing anyway.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Your wireing explination was exactly what i was thinking too. I was also looking at the single relays I just posed the one I did for easier explination to everyone here.. I did put a shunt in last year, although I usually dont look at the app while running the boat, usully while just floating to see how much solar I have coming in. Im also switching my solar charge controleler to a 2 bank unit. My last 2 outings the low voltage alarm has been going off on my VHF for the house battery after just sitting 10 min so that battery was due for replacing anyway.
Right on…

The most charge current I’ve seen going into my Li house battery via the smart shunt was 26A, that was the first test I did with the boat parked in front of the shop with nothing else turned on at 3500 rpm on each engine. While on the water if I let the battery go to say an 80% state of charge or lower I see roughly 21-23 A coming in. I did not have the shunt installed when I still had a flooded lead acid house battery for comparison, but I’d like to think based on my research that the Li battery is taking in more amps due to its low resistance.

Do you have your shunt set up to monitor your start battery voltage? I find that the shunt battery voltage readings are .4-.5 volts higher than the connext screen battery voltages, is that your experience as well?

The two bank solar charge controller you are going to install, one will be tuned for the start flooded acid battery and the other tuned for the Li house battery?

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Right on…

The most charge current I’ve seen going into my Li house battery via the smart shunt was 26A, that was the first test I did with the boat parked in front of the shop with nothing else turned on at 3500 rpm on each engine. While on the water if I let the battery go to say an 80% state of charge or lower I see roughly 21-23 A coming in. I did not have the shunt installed when I still had a flooded lead acid house battery for comparison, but I’d like to think based on my research that the Li battery is taking in more amps due to its low resistance.

Do you have your shunt set up to monitor your start battery voltage? I find that the shunt battery voltage readings are .4-.5 volts higher than the connext screen battery voltages, is that your experience as well?

The two bank solar charge controller you are going to install, one will be tuned for the start flooded acid battery and the other tuned for the Li house battery?
I just have a single shunt on the house battery. Yes I see the voltage drop to the connext too. The 2 bank solar charge controller has battery selection for bank 1 which will be set to Lifepo4 profile Lithium house batter and bank 2 only has FLA profile 1amp trickle charger which should be fine.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
My DSVR stopped working. House battery only charges when yellow switch is flipped to both. Any ideas how to by pass?

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My DSVR stopped working. House battery only charges when yellow switch is flipped to both. Any ideas how to by pass?
Make sure the black wire from the DVSR is connected to the battery grounds and make sure the red wire on the back is not cut.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I Installed my new solar charge controller and ignituon relays to control the DVSR today. I forgot my boat keys so couldn't actually test it but "should" work if manual wiring diagram was correct.
1704586319889.jpeg

Last edited: