• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Favorite Summer Beer?

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love trying new beer; the more the better;) Last summer my favorite was Oculto. I think I just found a new favorite for this summer; Sam Adams Grapefruit IPA. What is your favorite summer beer?
Don't drink mass produced beer any more. Mostly beer local to Dallas area. 4 corners Local Buzz, Deep Ellum Brewery Dallas Blonde, Ft. Worth HopFusion Ale Works Feisty Blonde/Feisty Redhead, Rockwall Woodcreek Brewery Lakeside Cerveze to name a few.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don’t laugh, but we’ve been drinking Bud Light Orange. Refreshing and IMPOSSIBLE to catch a buzz - But I still feel a lil relaxed while being a little bit responsible. Ha

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Don’t laugh, but we’ve been drinking Bud Light Orange. Refreshing and IMPOSSIBLE to catch a buzz - But I still feel a lil relaxed while being a little bit responsible. Ha
I bought some! Not bad, not bad at all. Thanks for the tip. :winkingthumbsup"

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cant get enough of Budlight Orange this summer. Goes down fast and refreshing when its hot out

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've been drinking whatever beer that guests left on the boat from the last outing or I make mixed drinks like margaritas, pisco sour, aguardiente mojitos, and caipirinha.

My guests love pisco sour:
1.5oz pisco
1oz egg white
3/4oz simple syrup
3/4oz lime
shake, pour, and top with angostura bitters

Caipirinha is a brazil drink I just discovered: Cachaça, syrup, limes.
Aguardiente mojitos is just mojitos with colombian aguardiente instead of rum.
Let me know your thoughts if you try these.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I've been drinking whatever beer that guests left on the boat from the last outing or I make mixed drinks like margaritas, pisco sour, aguardiente mojitos, and caipirinha.

My guests love pisco sour:
1.5oz pisco
1oz egg white
3/4oz simple syrup
3/4oz lime
shake, pour, and top with angostura bitters

Caipirinha is a brazil drink I just discovered: Cachaça, syrup, limes.
Aguardiente mojitos is just mojitos with colombian aguardiente instead of rum.
Let me know your thoughts if you try these.
My wife is half Peruvian; we love Pisco Sours. What time should we come over? ;)

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My wife is half Peruvian; we love Pisco Sours. What time should we come over? ;)
Habla pe causa! Whenever. Just remember to bring aji de gallina, ceviche, causa, or jalea haha

galonuscct

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
My favorite summer beer is the following, which happens on occasion but not very often. This is truly the beer that quenches my thirst!! Every now and then we plan a short trip, just head out in the evening for and hour or two. Next thing you know my buddies show up with their boats. Then it turns in to a evening raft up that goes past sundown. The bad thing is I have only packed like 4 Miller Lites and some bottles of water in a small soft cooler. THE BEST BEER, are the loaners my buddies give me when I run out!!!! Doesn't even matter what kind!!!!
Similar to what I was thinking. Whatever beer is in my hand while out on the water is my favorite beer!

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cant get enough of Budlight Orange this summer. Goes down fast and refreshing when its hot out
I like to cut the BL lime and orange with some miller lite. It cuts the sweet down. Especially the orange

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Leinenkugels Summer Shandy is perfect (for me) and Ballast Point California Kolsch is a strong contender. Actually, just about any Ballast Point beer is a strong contender.......

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Leinenkugels Summer Shandy is perfect (for me) and Ballast Point California Kolsch is a strong contender. Actually, just about any Ballast Point beer is a strong contender.......
Have you been to Leinenkugel, if so was it worth it? I’ve become a big fan since having the Summer Shandy a few years ago while on a vacation in Hilton Head. The Summer Shandy is easy to find here in MD/DE, but the other Leinies require more effort. I really like the Canoe Paddle Kolsch.

wTheOnew

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oh Man, snap a pic. I want to see it!
20200620_131738.jpg

I couldn't find the actual font they used so I ended up making each letter by hand. I think I got pretty darn close. I wanted to do one of the O's as a pineapple, but the number of layers of vinyl to mimic the one on the beer was a bit too daunting.

Mister Fister

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks really good! You wouldn't happen to offer your vinyl services? I really like the font you made.

Soonerlt

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My neighbors have been drinking Stiegl Radler...it is really tasty...and fortunately for me...they bring me some on the boat! :) :winkingthumbsup"

Second the Schofferhofer on a hot day!