• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fixing trolling motor

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
No idea what happened here, but any know how to fix this? It is difficult to release now. Looks like I need the new stainless part

704552A8-95FE-478A-904D-61B3EA61378E.jpeg

I’m not sure what stainless part you’re talking about.

What I see is the lift belt is very very loose. There is an Allen head screw on the bottom of the head that you can tighten that belt with. I’ve adjusted mine a couple of times, I think the tension is set in inch pounds. This is assuming the belt is not broken.

You should be able to go in the Minnkota web site and download the manual, look in the maintenance section.

It looks like it has a lot of salt buildup on it which won’t help either. Clean that off then wipe it down with silicone, I just spray it onto a rag then wipe it all down. There’s also several places that need a bit of marine grease, like the pivot point pins and the drive gear, I use an Q tip to apply the grease. All that is in the maint section of the manual as well so you can see what I’m talking about.

Back