• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

flushing pissers

steelhorse454

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, I boat in Salt and flush my boat every time out including using Salt Away. Problem is, I can't get fresh water to flow out of the 3 pissers due to low water pressure. I changed to a bigger diameter hose, no change. Shorter hose/ different location, no go. Water pressure here at the NC coast sucks.
I've seen running weed eater line from outside to inside mentioned, but does that really work ? I really want fresh water running through upon flushing.
I check the 3 streams of water every time out and they look good, but I know salt must be building up.
Any suggestions ?
Thanks.

So, I boat in Salt and flush my boat every time out including using Salt Away. Problem is, I can't get fresh water to flow out of the 3 pissers due to low water pressure. I changed to a bigger diameter hose, no change. Shorter hose/ different location, no go. Water pressure here at the NC coast sucks.
I've seen running weed eater line from outside to inside mentioned, but does that really work ? I really want fresh water running through upon flushing.
I check the 3 streams of water every time out and they look good, but I know salt must be building up.
Any suggestions ?
Thanks.

Simple solution for you on this. There is a lot of water flowing out through the water inlet in the jet pump, and water & salt away should flow through there to clean out those passages. But, after you’ve flushed the jet pump if you gently clamp off that water inlet line like you would do if you were getting towed (or install a towing valve) all that water flowing out through the jet pump will get diverted to the rest of the engine and will flow out the pilot water outlets. One outlet comes from the intercooler and the other from the oil cooler, so pretty important to get fresh water & salt away through those devices.

Tow valve is a good idea to up pressure.......also look try to get better pressure on the hose. The tow valve or a clamp allows more of the salt away product to stay in the engine longer and not drain out your jet pumps.

Thanks Guys. Getting a clamp or valve on my boat is going to be tough. Single engine and the single tray is opposite of my flush port connection.

You may have to get at it in the engine bay. This may help; Engine bay platform

This thread done by @lazergeek may give you some ideas.. he set up his raw water inlets with electric valves. It would be bit of work to install but after that it would just be a flip of a switch. He can flush his engines while wet slipped in salt water with this set up.

Thanks. I just purchased a small water pressure regulator that mounts to an outside hose bibb. It has a hand dial from 45 psi to 160 psi. It was only $26 so I'll try that first. I do have clamp ring pliers in the boat in case of a tow situation.

Back