• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Freight and Dealer fee question

OCDoug

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
The dealer just replied when I questioned those fees, showing they were double what others have posted on here, somehow they think south Florida is the farthest Yamaha Dealer in the country from Tennessee which is why their freight charge is so high, I guess the salesperson is unfamiliar with geography

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The dealer just replied when I questioned those fees, showing they were double what others have posted on here, somehow they think south Florida is the farthest Yamaha Dealer in the country from Tennessee which is why their freight charge is so high, I guess the salesperson is unfamiliar with geography
must be Riva…. They are horrible too

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
With all the money in Miami - they get away with it. I will give them credit for being upfront about their prices. RideNow won't tell you prices until you're in their door and then try to rape you.

OCDoug

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
My biggest gripe with the response was the arrogance, not even an attempt to do business with me, it was the old my way or the highway. Their sitting on 2023's that obviously arent selling yet and the 24's are here. You would think they would be motivated to move last years model. Covid is gone, shouldn't still be on a high horse. They lowered the price online by 15k, then added all the bs fees to make 9500 of that back, then telling me they are the farthest out Dealership in the entire nation to justify the freight charges... again check a map, farthest in Florida away from the manufactuing site, but not anywhere close to as far away as the West Coast or even midwest. Lol then they sent me a link to leave feedback, which they quickly retacted before I could pounce.

Again, I want to thank those that replied to help me realize I could do better.

Oafy44

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Just got my orientation done with Park Marina in Kennesaw. was very happy . He spent 1.5 hours on the entire boat and he was very engaged to do so. So overall I am happy with the purchase. - park marine did negotiate with me and my only complaint didn’t have anything to do with my salesperson or the orientation captain, it was really the finance department that gave me a rate like it was new but obviously it is a used boat so it was about .5% higher then what they told me even after I showed them my credit. I balked and “a call to Yamaha” finance and they brought it down a bit so that’s why I felt it was more of a bait and switch with that department but that’s just my hunch and my hunch could be wrong.

Again they do have a couple left over 23 252 Yamaha employee demos that don’t have freight and set up charges- and are a lot less then new with 10 hours . Even buying my $2750 YES warranty I still made out tens of thousands less.

You really have a 10 hour break in period anyway so mine is ready to go.

AlpharettaRK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@kgower what dock at Port Royale? We are on dock 2

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My biggest gripe with the response was the arrogance, not even an attempt to do business with me, it was the old my way or the highway. Their sitting on 2023's that obviously arent selling yet and the 24's are here. You would think they would be motivated to move last years model. Covid is gone, shouldn't still be on a high horse. They lowered the price online by 15k, then added all the bs fees to make 9500 of that back, then telling me they are the farthest out Dealership in the entire nation to justify the freight charges... again check a map, farthest in Florida away from the manufactuing site, but not anywhere close to as far away as the West Coast or even midwest. Lol then they sent me a link to leave feedback, which they quickly retacted before I could pounce.

Again, I want to thank those that replied to help me realize I could do better.

Maybe find a boat show. Sometimes they’ll do better there. Definitely skip Riva.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

AlpharettaRK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was out today. We will catch up later!

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
run, buy out of Fl, i bought a 2024 rzr 1000 p saved $11k by driving to alabama and pick it up. i do have 2 dealer within a 10 mile radious in ORlando.
There’s truth in this. With no off season and so much money moving to Florida, there’s no incentive to move inventory, it just goes. I’ve got to think there’s a business model buying boats in the fall up north and selling them down here, especially selling them as ‘Fresh water’ boats. I’ve not the time to run the math though.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I’ve got to think there’s a business model buying boats in the fall up north and selling them down here, especially selling them as ‘Fresh water’ boats. I’ve not the time to run the math though.
You’re correct in thinking that. 15+ years ago when I managed a motorcycle dealer in North AL, we used to buy inventory from northern dealers because our riding season was so much longer.

zpaul

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
There’s truth in this. With no off season and so much money moving to Florida, there’s no incentive to move inventory, it just goes. I’ve got to think there’s a business model buying boats in the fall up north and selling them down here, especially selling them as ‘Fresh water’ boats. I’ve not the time to run the math though.
My Dealer in MD got almost 30 boats mid August last year from some Northern dealerships. And almost everything got sold by September end.
By they also ran some incentives instead of jacking up fees.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Deposit on a 2024 222 SE, dealer fees quoted are as follows. Boat $70699 and Trailer $4000.

Freight $2750
Dealer Rig/Prep $600
Doc Fee $499
Total $3849

Mooring Cover $1200