• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Frozen wake tower bolts

Guy in a Boat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2012 242 with the forward swept tower that is exterior mounted. Has anyone had issues with the rear
bolts being froze and if so how did you fix it. I would like to be able to drop mine and not use the tractor to put it in the shop everytime.

Soak the bolts and nuts with Kroil, in my experience the best penetrating oil you can get.

Soak them with penetration oil and hit them lightly with an impact. The hammering affect should break them loose.

Soak them with penetration oil and hit them lightly with an impact. The hammering affect should break them loose.

I would add, if it is possible, back up the other side with a wrench when you start to put a lot of force on them. Try soaking the bolts each day for a week before you hit them with a lot of force. As @Babin Farms says, hit them LIGHTLY with an impact.

Seeing this post makes me think I should add removing my T top mounting bolts and anti seize them over the winter.

Back