• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH 210 Shorelander Tire Pressure

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The tires on the shore lander trailer say max load of 50 PSI but nothing else. Anyone have any idea of the suggested PSI? I am going to go with 40. Look forward to getting Goodyear radials in the spring

happy thanksgiving

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I would run your tires at max pressure. Lower pressures will flex the sidewalls more, creating heat damaging the tire if not blowing out.
Second @Babin Farms reply… run them at the max cold inflation number.

I don‘t know how far you tow but the Goodyear Endurance tires (speed rating of 87 mph) will make a huge difference in how smooth the trailer tows. On those Endurance tires there is a big 65 psi molded into the rubber, run those tires at 65 psi cold as well. There has been a couple of occasions where I’ve made some day trips to a lake that is 3.5 hours away and the speed limit is 80 mph, I towed at 80 mph and my 210 FSH sport towed great behind it.

SCSCOTT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The Inflation Loading - Goodyear RV

Read the info on the link. Download the Load inflation table (or look at the one I attached), Goodyear Edurance Radials are in the top chart. Lots of good info straight from the tire manufacture. IMHO It is always best to run trailer tires at max sidewall pressure when cold.

Lower pressures equal lower weight carrying capability and increase heat build up, like Babin Farms Stated and FSH 210 second, with an increase chance of failure/blowout.

Attachments

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The Inflation Loading - Goodyear RV

Read the info on the link. Download the Load inflation table (or look at the one I attached), Goodyear Edurance Radials are in the top chart. Lots of good info straight from the tire manufacture. IMHO It is always best to run trailer tires at max sidewall pressure when cold.

Lower pressures equal lower weight carrying capability and increase heat build up, like Babin Farms Stated and FSH 210 second, with an increase chance of failure/blowout.
Heres what experience has shown me on inflation pressures, anything less than max cold pressure resulted in abnormal tire wear. This has been my experience with my toy hauler and my boat. As the first Goodyear link states, “Running with lower pressure to achieve a more comfortable / smoother ride is ineffective and dangerous”. Also, an RV tire that has been run at 20% under inflation should be dismounted and inspected by a tire shop.

As I stated above on special occasions I’ll tow at 80 mph, but most of the time I’m towing at 65 mph. The difference in mpg is pretty stark between those two speeds. But when I’ve got my friends with me for a day trip to a place a long ways off I’ll kick up the speed to get us there a half / three quarters of a hour earlier.

SCSCOTT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I still have the stock tires. I am switching to the goodyear in may. Thanks for the info!
Then I would 100% run those bias ply tires at 50 psi per the cold inflation pressure of the sidewall!! Anything less than you are risking a blowout. A bias ply tire is not great to begin with.

I’ve had my Goodyear endurance radials on for two full seasons about to be a third, and I will never run anything else. I run them at 65 psi , They have worn perfectly. They still look almost brand new, and I’m towing approximately 60 miles almost every weekend throughout the summer hell I went out this past Saturday.

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
thats awesome. i made my final trip on the Poly tires. my next trip will be on good years. well worth the upgrade. thank you