• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH 252/255 T-top Removal

Blowshard

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Has anyone attempted to remove the hardtop on one of the 25' FSH models? I imagine it is quite heavy and labor intensive but I cannot find any details on this and the dealer was not sure either.

Planning on getting my first jet boat- I am likely going with the AR250, however if I could reasonably remove and install the top once per year for winter storage with my 10' garage door height that may sway me to getting the FSH instead.

Thanks in advance!!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone attempted to remove the hardtop on one of the 25' FSH models? I imagine it is quite heavy and labor intensive but I cannot find any details on this and the dealer was not sure either.

Planning on getting my first jet boat- I am likely going with the AR250, however if I could reasonably remove and install the top once per year for winter storage with my 10' garage door height that may sway me to getting the FSH instead.

Thanks in advance!!
Someone stated that the T top is now bolted to the CC as opposed to deck may make R&R of the top easier.

Blowshard

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks! Looked at the 2024 photos and that looks like a promising change. Still would love to have an idea on if it will likely be a PITA or simple if anyone has experience with the 25' tops?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks! Looked at the 2024 photos and that looks like a promising change. Still would love to have an idea on if it will likely be a PITA or simple if anyone has experience with the 25' tops?
I doubt it will be easy as I’m sure it is heavy.. but will it be possible? Probably.

You and I live in the same neck of the woods so I can see why you want to put it inside during the winter, I do the same with my boat here In the hills..and I have thought of upgrading to the 25’ FSH and one of the things I realized is that I may have to leave it outside my heated shop with a cover on it, heck I’ve done that with my 210 FSH during the shoulder seasons when temps got down into the single digits without any dramas.

AlpharettaRK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
On my 222Sport-E I have same question. I can work on pretty much anything but I’d like to get it in my shop to do so. Painfully I paid dealer to install trolling motor for this reason.
It looks to me like 6 bolts go up thru CC and removing them would liberate the top. Admittedly I have not done this. I also have not found a good place to disconnect wire for the lights (spreader and anchor) and speakers but there must be one. If I attempt I would first remove windshield. Bolted in. Then remove the t top bolts and trust 2 friends to hold it.
Cheers
Randy

Blowshard

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies! The dealer makes it sound like it is doable but it would likely be a fair amount of work and reportedly the wires do have disconnects. That being said, I just got a good deal on a 2023 AR250 which should be awesome for the family and save me potential trouble with the t-top or getting the boat wrapped for the winter.
Hopefully somebody will be able to figure this out and for those of you that have them, the FSH models seem awesome and I will be partially envious!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ok.... being silly..... Why couldn't you actually mod the T-Tops to hinge and the glass to hinge. Aggressive Mod, but I am surprised no one has tried it.
1692747428515.png1692747499948.png

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@FSH 210 Sport And now I have wiped away the last excuse for you to not get a 25' CC :)

Could also throw a couple of Gas Struts on it to take the weight off.

Now I really, really want an FSH 25' just to do the mod to the tower......

Last edited: