• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH 255 E Ocean Performance

bulldog2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
have put money down for this boat. Plan to use it mainly in the ocean. Have been reading some poor reviews on ocean performance. Can anyone give me some color on this?? thanks

jalbrecht71

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What reviews? can you send the links? I have one on order too would like to know.

bulldog2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What reviews? can you send the links? I have one on order too would like to know.
I will have to go try and find it. been reading a lot on the comment section of youtube. wondering if they changed the hull design as well.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I will have to go try and find it. been reading a lot on the comment section of youtube. wondering if they changed the hull design as well.
Yes, the 2021 252/255 FSH hull is new for off shore use.

I also want hyperlinks to these nay sayers of the FSH hull performance in the ocean.

I posted some comments in a thread over at “The Hulltruth” about the 255 FSH…. all negative comments were by those that did not have a Yamaha jet boat or had never been on a jet boat. This was painfully obvious by their over the top ridiculous and untruthful comments, some posters just doubled down with these ludicrous comments, that when read by a jet boat owners would have been humorous at best and infuriating at the least.

Positive comments in that thread were from Yamaha owners or otherwise had jet boat experience and or experience with Yamaha FSH jet boats, one was a son in law of a FSH owner who wrote about how reliable and capable the boat was, and how much of a fishing machine it is. What a bunch of haters on that web site.

There is always some mooseknuckle who goes around slinging shit on the roses under the guise of different user names on numerous sites. One only has to research the Bosch CP 4.2 high pressure injection pump to find these examples. Most of the time said mooseknuckles don’t make the effort to change their verbiage and just copy and pasted the same post on numerous sites under different user names. To top it off, regarding the Bosch pump, 9 times out of 10 the CP high pressure pumps failures are traced back to owner neglect, and or owner failure to change fuel filters properly. There was a person on this site who had some major issues with said boat, the first failure was what appeared to be a factory defect, and then this person did what Yamaha told them not to do which resulted in other catastrophic failures. Said person then went on sites like The Hull Truth and committed lies of omission about said boat and made many think that Yamaha jet boats were all junk.

IMHO you will find the best and most informative information on this site regarding any of the Yamaha boats performances and faults. Members here, by and large, are honest and gracious with their comments and are willing to help those with issues… also keep in mind that most people don’t take to the internet to say how great their product is.

bulldog2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
glad to hear these positive comments. a new boat owner to be just want to make sure I am making the right decision

Joe_C

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I love my 195 fsh sport. If I listened to all the nay sayers I never would have purchased it. you will suck up seaweed, you can't go to shallow, you will cavitate in rough seas, poor low speed handling. OB maintenance is easier..... Yet none of these things are actually true. I love the way the boat handles when docking and in close quarters and re-trailering. Many times I have been in very shallow water (1'-2') and never even stirred up the bottom meanwhile OBs are tilted up and prop barely in the water making a lot of noise not going anywhere. a little seaweed doesn't hurt and if so the clean out ports makes it easy to clear.

my 195 handles going out our inlet very well (bogue inlet) You have to pick the right conditions just as you would with any other 19ft boat. I would say my 195 handles the shallow inlet as well as any boat around.

I would buy a 255 in second if I wanted to spend that kind of money on a boat. I bought the 195 just to get used to the jet drive see if I liked it and now I am on the waiting list for a 210. The 195 will be just fine in the meantime.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
19 fsh with 5 ft wave. Any boat will have a match just pick your battle goin off shore. 255 should be a very capable boat based on my 19ft experience lol View attachment 158866
Looks like your 19 is handling the conditions with aplomb.. so much so you have time for tea!

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looks like your 19 is handling the conditions with aplomb.. so much so you have time for tea!
lol yea not bad just wouldnt be able to go fast, 8-10mph back to the inlet... didnt worry me a bit. It was 2 ft forecast that day that gotten bad.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To put your mind at ease, just had my 255 in the florida keys for the last two weeks. The seas were anywhere from 0-5’. Never a issue at all.
What kind of Actual range are you getting on a tank in that kind of chop?

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I didnt monitor the range or fuel consumption. I was however pleasantly surprised in the two weeks of use I only had to fill it up one time and put it on the trailer with 40% fuel remaining. I felt like when I owned the 210 FSH I was putting fuel in it every 3rd day. Another big surprise was the 255's ability to eat the floating weeds, chew em up, and spit em out. I felt like I was constantly pulling weeds from the cleanouts in the 210.

JEFSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Wow that’s really encouraging. I’ve only gone out to sea for a few minutes to test it and loved it but since I’m new to jet boats, the weed part was my biggest fear.

JEFSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Just got back from offshore at Stuart yesterday. 3-5 foot chop and it was sloppy; not something I plan on fishing regularly but the boat handled it like a champ. Also went over dozens of little seaweed chunks and no issues with the engines. we were trolling 8 miles offshore and the waves were uncomfortable unless we were going downsea but honestly i can’t imagine any boat under 40 feet really enjoying the sea when we were out in the morning. Sadly didn’t take any videos; had an old sea captain with me and he was giving me pointers the whole time, which was awesome, but forgot to get my camera out.

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
"I posted some comments in a thread over at “The Hulltruth” about the 255 FSH…. all negative comments were by those that did not have a Yamaha jet boat or had never been on a jet boat. This was painfully obvious by their over the top ridiculous and untruthful comments, some posters just doubled down with these ludicrous comments, that when read by a jet boat owners would have been humorous at best and infuriating at the least."

"Positive comments in that thread were from Yamaha owners or otherwise had jet boat experience and or experience with Yamaha FSH jet boats, one was a son in law of a FSH owner who wrote about how reliable and capable the boat was, and how much of a fishing machine it is. What a bunch of haters on that web site."

I'm a seasonal boater that frequently uses both types of craft. I own a Yamaha and my brother has a Pursuit. Before purchasing I would recommend doing sea trials on the ones you are interested in because as the quotes above are true to the extent that "most" people who own an outboard will recommend an outboard while those who own jet boats are usually die hards so it's hard to judge. I know when people ask me about my Yami I usually stick to the positives, vs negatives.

Overall I probably still prefer a non jet for the refinements and features that these boat have. Also IMO they ride nicer because of the weight, width and other design factors. Again, each their own so I'm not looking for a debate on the Jet Boat forum.

With that I do prefer the convenience and PRICE of the jet boat because they are cheap and obtainable for the everyday boater.