• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH windshield

Mid life crisis

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Finally took out 222 FSH Sport E out for her maiden voyage this evening and even though it’s still break-in period it is crazy different compared to our 2014 242. My only complaint is the windshield.

Weird, I know.

Air flow sucks and bad reflection of the dash electronics( we were cruising into the night so that won’t usually be an issue) but I am suddenly wishing I had the half windshield of the Sport.

Am I nuts? This Texas heat is rough so I was hoping to enjoy the wind in my hair, behind a giant plexiglass sheet.

Last edited:

Bottom Bracket

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ditch the phone booth with the munchkin roof, add sport windshield and a bimini.

Mid life crisis

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ditch the phone booth with the munchkin roof, add sport windshield and a bimini.
Ha! The entire reason I drove a stupid amount was for the hard t-top. I’m already formulating a 1/4 windshield that I can use that will at least protect the items set on top of the dash.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you need air flow there are couple of options.

You could add wind wings on the side of the up rights to grab wind and throw it back onto the helm seat. These can be a fold out affair so that when you don’t want that you can tuck them away.

The other thing wold be to cut in a vent like you see the big boys do on their CC’s these days. If is Lexan or Acrylic It should be relatively easy, you could just make it a flip up opening that would secure up at the top, if you did this in the inside with some sort of a sliding tube to adjust the opening you would be able to angle the wind down at the helm seat on those hot days, but having it on the outside with a small piece of rubber window trim would keep the water out when it rains. And when it cools off or rains you are going to want that full wind screen.

I’d love to have a full length wind screen! It gets hot here but not Africa Hot like it does there, and when it rains it sure would be nice to have a full length set up. I have a Ocean South universal enclosure I can put on, it works but its not the best it could be.

Mid life crisis

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If you need air flow there are couple of options.

You could add wind wings on the side of the up rights to grab wind and throw it back onto the helm seat. These can be a fold out affair so that when you don’t want that you can tuck them away.

The other thing wold be to cut in a vent like you see the big boys do on their CC’s these days. If is Lexan or Acrylic It should be relatively easy, you could just make it a flip up opening that would secure up at the top, if you did this in the inside with some sort of a sliding tube to adjust the opening you would be able to angle the wind down at the helm seat on those hot days, but having it on the outside with a small piece of rubber window trim would keep the water out when it rains. And when it cools off or rains you are going to want that full wind screen.

I’d love to have a full length wind screen! It gets hot here but not Africa Hot like it does there, and when it rains it sure would be nice to have a full length set up. I have a Ocean South universal enclosure I can put on, it works but its not the best it could be.
Yeah…it’s already 102 degrees(feels like 111) so not having air flow at the helm sucks. I’m used to our 242 where when I’m sitting I’m still getting air. But I just ordered a sheet of plexiglass and am going to build up a kind of partial wind screen. And since the towers are different between the sport and the sport E I can’t use the partial screen they have.

AlpharettaRK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sorry but I think you‘re “nuts” (your word). It’s hot here in Jawja too, maybe not quite as hot but I think there’s plenty of airflow. Lean your head to port or just stand next to the console if you need more airflow. For me it’s preferable to bugs in the eyes and mouth at night.

Mid life crisis

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sorry but I think you‘re “nuts” (your word). It’s hot here in Jawja too, maybe not quite as hot but I think there’s plenty of airflow. Lean your head to port or just stand next to the console if you need more airflow. For me it’s preferable to bugs in the eyes and mouth at night.
I agree I’m nuts. But we ran with the windshield off the past two days and it was great! It will go on again soon but I’m still going to make a quarter size windshield for shits and giggles.