• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fuel Theft

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Has anyone siphoned fuel from their fuel tank while it’s on the trailer? We are starting to have a lot of cases of fuel theft in my area and I’m concerned about my fuel in the boat because it has a full tank right now. I guess my question is is it easy to siphon gas from our tanks or is there some type of preventative device in the fill line? TIA

Yes its possible to siphon gas. I used my oil extractor with a long hose and it worked just fine.

Has anyone siphoned fuel from their fuel tank while it’s on the trailer? We are starting to have a lot of cases of fuel theft in my area and I’m concerned about my fuel in the boat because it has a full tank right now. I guess my question is is it easy to siphon gas from our tanks or is there some type of preventative device in the fill line? TIA

I have not…but it seems rather straight forward. There is the check valve flapper thing that will probably grab the hose to some extent when it is extracted.

Brilliant!

If someone wants to steal something including gas, damaging their way to it wont stop them, if anything it could make them more malicious

Had someone steal a 5 gallon can of fuel from the back of my truck one year when I was traveling… thankfully the stupid fucks stole 5 gallons of diesel for their gas powered car… Ha Ha, ha ha, ha ha….

If someone wants to steal something including gas, damaging their way to it wont stop them, if anything it could make them more malicious
Maybe I’ll just leave a few full gas cans out for them ?

I found a better solution,1E7DD623-6005-40B7-9FE8-4E8BF1A53F6A.jpeg

The boat on the trailer is a perfect place to siphon gas from.When hurricane sandy disrupted fuel supplies and gas stations were out of gas we siphoned gas out of the boat doing the simple suck on the hose.

They would have to climb my fence and climb out with gas. Some sort of deterrence and lack of convenience is all that you can do. Even with a locking cap I can see some jackwagon crackhead try and pry it off with a prybar and tear up the boat.

Our neighbor thinks that someone siphoned the fuel out of his pontoon on the dock. He had 40 gallons in there, and it's now empty. 150hp Yamaha outboards sip fuel, so I knows he and his kids didn't burn it.

I would attempt to siphon fuel out of your yamaha before getting too crazy with prevention. It's nearly impossible to do without some sort of powered suction. As the check valve really makes it difficult. I gave up trying one time.

We worry about folks stealing while at night or during the week while boats sit on the lift. As our neighbors are only weekend residents. So their property is quiet mid week. Easy pray for anyone from a boat to go from dock to dock.

My neighbors and I had fuel siphoned out of our boats two years ago. We all have motion detectors and security cams on our docks now.

Back