• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Garmin 94 sv+ FSH 210 install and Transducer works great

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It looks like the placement above would interfere with sidescan. Here is a pic of my mounting. Even this low I can still see the kill on side scan, but it still works fine you can just see a line on the screen.
The angle is 86 degrees to each side from directly under the transducer. So check to see if 14 degrees hits the keel

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hoping to get some opinions from people on this thread as I contemplate the transducer location on my boat (Garmin ClearVu). What are your thoughts to get the best performance possible?

Spot 1 - Think this is the best option, but not sure it'll be in the water when up on plane?
Spot 2 - Maybe 2nd best if option #1 is out of the water on plane? Could go as low as possible on that angled part between #1 & #3.
Spot 3 - The hull steps down in front of this spot so might get turbulence from that step. Could also look at putting into that step underneath, can see that better in the 2nd picture below. Might be too close to the bunk though?
Spot 4 - The ride plate is more angled on my boat than others I have seen pictured here. Also the jet intake is right in front, might also have turbulence?

20210411_161208.jpg

20210412_092109.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
4 is the spot I am going for with mine, of course it is a bit different and I need to go a bit lower because of the keel. I am using the Garmin GT 56 UHD Transducer.

@Julian Fashioned a custom aluminum mount. I ordered the one suggested above in case, but think I may need to do a custom as well. No way to tell till I get right to that stage.

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hoping to get some opinions from people on this thread as I contemplate the transducer location on my boat (Garmin ClearVu). What are your thoughts to get the best performance possible?

Spot 1 - Think this is the best option, but not sure it'll be in the water when up on plane?
Spot 2 - Maybe 2nd best if option #1 is out of the water on plane? Could go as low as possible on that angled part between #1 & #3.
Spot 3 - The hull steps down in front of this spot so might get turbulence from that step. Could also look at putting into that step underneath, can see that better in the 2nd picture below. Might be too close to the bunk though?
Spot 4 - The ride plate is more angled on my boat than others I have seen pictured here. Also the jet intake is right in front, might also have turbulence?

View attachment 146696

View attachment 146697
3 but on the Port side to avoid interference from the speedo paddlewheel.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The angle is 86 degrees to each side from directly under the transducer. So check to see if 14 degrees hits the keel
Where did you see this information. I just scanned the documents and I am unable to find it. I probably over looked it somewhere?

Uman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
You will not know until you try....
Cut a plastic plate the profile of the subject area (1,2,3).
Bond the plate to the hull with silicone caulk.
Drill mount holes in the plate for the transducer at each location (maybe do this before you bond it)
Do a quick swap of the transducer at each location and test.
Remove the plate and do a permanent mount.
-Uman

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You will not know until you try....
Cut a plastic plate the profile of the subject area (1,2,3).
Bond the plate to the hull with silicone caulk.
Drill mount holes in the plate for the transducer at each location (maybe do this before you bond it)
Do a quick swap of the transducer at each location and test.
Remove the plate and do a permanent mount.
-Uman
Thanks! I did buy a plate so I don't have to drill into the hull. Was going to place it somewhere between #2 & #3 based on the comments here and give it a shot.

Maduro

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks! I did buy a plate so I don't have to drill into the hull. Was going to place it somewhere between #2 & #3 based on the comments here and give it a shot.
I’m getting ready to mount a raymarine rv100 transducer. I bought some hdpe board and I’m going to use 3M vhb to adhere it .

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you think VHB is strong enough for a lasting bond in this application? I have considered using it but I would hate to have the $400 transducer get damaged or start slapping around back there at speed.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why wouldnt you drop in some stainless steel screws and 4200?

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My thought is with the mounting board I can move the transducer around without putting more holes in the hull. One will be needed for the cable, but not for the transducer mount. I guess if it works, I can remove the board and go directly to the hull.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I am going to set mine today or tomorrow, I think. I am considering piece of aluminum and the ride plate position. Won't know for sure till I eyeball it.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I like the ride plate mount, just doesn't look as easy on my model at the angle it's at. Would need a wedge to level it and then something to secure that to the plate (5200/bolts/?). Looks like that changed on more recent models like yours.

Maduro

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Do you think VHB is strong enough for a lasting bond in this application? I have considered using it but I would hate to have the $400 transducer get damaged or start slapping around back there at speed.
I did a test piece half the size and stuck two identical pieces together. Waited 72 hours which is the cure time for the vhb. I can’t pull them apart. I’ll drive slow and increase the speed and see. The only other option is to use resin on the block which is a more permanent solution. That’s why so many people take a while to mount it. Expensive experiment.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am out ciphering mounting the transducer and if I mount it there on the ride plate, 14 degrees hits the keel. Thinking about the side scan, which I really want to work well. Not really sure where to mount it. Also the GT56 transducer is huge.