• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gas consumption

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just curious of folks gas consumption. We were out about 8 hours last weekend with about 6 hours surfing, tubing, and wakeboarding. Used about 16 gallons. Sunday we were floating more but surfed 2-3 hours and was driving back and forth on the lake. We used 12 gallons. I talked to a buddy that has a new super air natique which I believe has a 88 gallon tank and he said he burned it all in a day and had to fill up at the end of the day. I had to get gas on the lake one day and it was $7.99/gallon.

We have the same year/make boat and in like kind duty as you have described we burn 1.5-2 gal per hour, depending on how good the folks are on the boards/tubes. If they are inexperienced and not staying up long we burn on the low side, if we are dragging the tube for long distances it is on the up side. We run through 40 gals about every 9 outings, three are pretty much float only, three are mixed and three are "burn down the kids energy" so we are filling up every third weekend. I pull the boat on Sunday evening of the last weekend and fill it up at the local gas station (save $2.50 gal) and do maintenance/upgrades during the week and we put the boat back in on Friday, go for a cruise and eat dinner out on the lake at sunset.

Miles per gallon is probably more accurate. Most have reported somewhere around 2.5 to 3 MPG at optimal cruise speed. My most fuel efficient speed is to cruise at mid to hight 20's which translates into 9 gal per hour

I’m averaging 2.8 mpg. I usually go for a lap around the lake when I first put in and at the end of the day, most of that 10 miles per lap is at best cruise which is 3mpg / 9 gph @ 27mph. Then I will throw in some full throttle “sport boating” which is around 14 gph. If it is really windy then I will use the engines on the up wind legs to help the electric trolling motor, then I’m burning 9gph..

If I’m not pulling tubers around and am at my local lakes then I only get fuel every six weeks or so, and I’m on the lake usually 2-3 times a week for 12 hours or more. Most of my propulsion is from my electric trolling motor.

The TR-1 motors in my boat are not the most powerful but they don’t use much fuel either…

Just curious of folks gas consumption. We were out about 8 hours last weekend with about 6 hours surfing, tubing, and wakeboarding. Used about 16 gallons. Sunday we were floating more but surfed 2-3 hours and was driving back and forth on the lake. We used 12 gallons. I talked to a buddy that has a new super air natique which I believe has a 88 gallon tank and he said he burned it all in a day and had to fill up at the end of the day. I had to get gas on the lake one day and it was $7.99/gallon.
Not sure of a big problem. If you had an 88 gal. tank, you could go alot longer. You were out about 9 hours and used 28 gallons.

Not sure of a big problem. If you had an 88 gal. tank, you could go alot longer. You were out about 9 hours and used 28 gallons.
Not a problem at all. Just $704. I guess it’s all relative with a $300k+ boat

Ouch...I NEVER buy gas on the water. And I thought $4.29/ gal was robbery!

Back