• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Going to get the Tabs

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cutting aluminum on the chop saw and the plate jumped and kicked back.

Last edited:

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hanging, did you get out this weekend and try your new tabs?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unfortunately not. Waiting on a Battery Cable crimper to come in Tomorrow so I can finish all the custom wiring. Also I have a high water alarm which should be here tomorrow as well which I will put under the back hatch before sealing it up. Bummed since tomorrow it will be 80 degrees here. This weekend will be in the 60's so that is what I am shooting for. On the plus side, the stitches come out on Wednesday:)

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Good deal, weather is the same in GA this week. Beautiful during the week and rain on the weekend.

Troy JK

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hanging, did you get out this weekend and try your new tabs?
Just got out yesterday and tried mine. Surprised how much they help. We rode out into the gulf to ship island under Mississippi. Hade the tabs down one light (about 1-1.5 inches id guess) doing about 35mph in about 2 footers and running smooth enough for people to stay on the bow seats. I decided to raise the tabs to see the difference and almost threw one female friend out the boat...oops šŸ˜¬
They didnā€™t work as good at leveling the boat out side to side. Drop one to level and about the time itā€™s leveling, it also starts turning the boat because itā€™s digging on one side. But Iā€™ll try that more next time with less people and calmer water. We had 7 adults on board.

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Mine just arrived, need to get the wiring and other bits in. I'll likely start working on installation and focus on the final wiring later.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmmm if it were my boat I might try to mount it where the NWM switch is and then relocate that somewhere else, possibly were that hump is on the binnacle housing near those rectangular knockouts are.

View attachment 144867
Isn't there a thread around here where someone put the NWM on the binnacle as the "trim" switch from another model that had an outboard. I don't think I'm saying that quite right, but I'm gonna go off searching for it. Seems like a great idea to me.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think someone might have done something like that as I too vaguely remember it now that you mentioned it but I canā€™t remember who or the thread title.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tabs were tested today after I put batteries back in the boat. They worked well and the controller worked smooth. Also the LED lights were visible easily. Also hooked up the Aux to the Yellow wire with red stripe off ignition switch and it works perfect. Key Off -> Tabs fully Retract automatically.

20210428_190145.jpg

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tabs were tested today after I put batteries back in the boat. They worked well and the controller worked smooth. Also the LED lights were visible easily. Also hooked up the Aux to the Yellow wire with red stripe off ignition switch and it works perfect. Key Off -> Tabs fully Retract automatically.

View attachment 148194
Looks good, what controller is that?
Got mine installed 2 weekends ago. My controller is different
20210419_170440.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine is the SLC-11, then newest one they crafted up. I didn't want the auto one and didn't want the MLC.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Neutron I just ordered that same RAM mount for the phone. I got the suction cup one. What do you think about it?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Neutron I just ordered that same RAM mount for the phone. I got the suction cup one. What do you think about it?
Works great phone never moves. I have the same mount on one of my motorcycles and phone is rock solid at 80mph with no windshield

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tested out the tabs today, when I could. They worked fantastic and I liked the SLC-11 controller.

It didn't need much trim for me to bring the bow down and cut through the chop. The Admiral was pleased. I also put the fully down to see what would happen, I stuffed the bow into a wave that almost washed over the front but showered me and the Admiral with 54 degree water. The Admiral was not pleased about that whatsoever.

Winds kicked up and waves were cresting 3ft. or so, was very rough. Had slow down a lot and traverse them. It was slow going. Couldn't take those on plane with or without the tabs. All and all a good day for testing.

I would put them on my next boat, if that day ever comes. Game changer on the big water with chop. On the smaller lakes it wouldn't really be needed.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I tested out the tabs today, when I could. They worked fantastic and I liked the SLC-11 controller.

It didn't need much trim for me to bring the bow down and cut through the chop. The Admiral was pleased. I also put the fully down to see what would happen, I stuffed the bow into a wave that almost washed over the front but showered me and the Admiral with 54 degree water. The Admiral was not pleased about that whatsoever.

Winds kicked up and waves were cresting 3ft. or so, was very rough. Had slow down a lot and traverse them. It was slow going. Couldn't take those on plane with or without the tabs. All and all a good day for testing.

I would put them on my next boat, if that day ever comes. Game changer on the big water with chop. On the smaller lakes it wouldn't really be needed.
Can I ask how you determined where to install them on the stern? You canā€™t get that wrong?

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors How often is the chop like that? Seems like it would be often and seems like a crap ton of cash to make a 21 footer work. Time to convince the admiral for a 25 footer.. or even better a 27 footer. You got a good deal on a pool and the kids can get loans for school. Lol

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Usually it very decent. Gusts were crazy today. 25' footer has it issues as well. We do a lot of smaller lakes 500-800 acre and some rivers. We only spend 1/3rd of our time or 1/4 of our time on the great lakes.

A lot bigger boats than ours were getting rocked today, just one of those days. Plus water level looks pretty down. The tabs where to mitigate the 1-3 chop, which it did well, while we were back in the bays. Middle of the lake in open water and the winds changing nothing was going to make that much easier.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can I ask how you determined where to install them on the stern? You canā€™t get that wrong?
I installed my a bit farther out than I really could have. I didn't have the Transducer in hand and wasn't sure where I was going to mount it, so I didn't rule out a pure transom mount and wanted to make sure I had clearance.

Also if you mount them to low (IN) it could conflict with Fins, etc.

I probably would of moved mine two inches toward the pumps, if I had to do it again.

Although they do say the wider out they are the better they work.