• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Good parts at a good price Aquasports performance

jacoviii

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
So I found aquasport performance Yamaha PWC Performance parts
I ordered a few parts for my 255xd and all fit and worked well. I was able to buy the ribbon delete kit one with a hole saw and one without to save a few $$.

The pump cones worked as they should and come in two different degrees 3&5 theses are only for the SVHO 4 bolt cones.

Attachments

• 20230526_194135.jpg
    20230526_194135.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 20230526_194325.jpg
    20230526_194325.jpg
    427.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 20230526_194629.jpg
    20230526_194629.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 20230526_194352.jpg
    20230526_194352.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
So I found aquasport performance Yamaha PWC Performance parts
I ordered a few parts for my 255xd and all fit and worked well. I was able to buy the ribbon delete kit one with a hole saw and one without to save a few $$.

The pump cones worked as they should and come in two different degrees 3&5 theses are only for the SVHO 4 bolt cones.

You happen to take any pics of the install on the ribbon delete kit. I'm researching parts for my possible boat purchase and the ribbon delete kits are much different than they were on the 2017 1.8L NA motors. The ribbon literally has to be cut out with a hole saw?

You happen to take any pics of the install on the ribbon delete kit. I'm researching parts for my possible boat purchase and the ribbon delete kits are much different than they were on the 2017 1.8L NA motors. The ribbon literally has to be cut out with a hole saw?
You might check Rivas site.. there are some stills on there. The ribbons are now cast into the plastic intake manifolds, you use the hole saw to drill it out then put that insert in to eliminate the step where the ribbon was.

You might check Rivas site.. there are some stills on there. The ribbons are now cast into the plastic intake manifolds, you use the hole saw to drill it out then put that insert in to eliminate the step where the ribbon was.

Sounds like Yamaha thought they came up with a design that would keep us from removing them. Man were they wrong.

I wouldn’t doubt some three or four letter agency had something to do with it as well, and it might have been cheaper for them to make it that way. It is possible that this new design has less restriction than the old style. I still want to see a measurement in hundredths of inches of water column that shows how much restriction there actually is in a normally aspirated engine. Even more interesting to see if there is any pressure differential with a SC engine.

The ribbons or flame arrestor are kind of a thing of the past, imho were there for carburetor engines where copious amounts of raw gasoline could be dumped into the intake and cause a big fire.

I have a 2016 with the n/a 1800s, if the intakes are the same then the ribbon comes right out with the rubber around it.

I have a 2016 with the n/a 1800s, if the intakes are the same then the ribbon comes right out with the rubber around it.

I think they are cast into the plastic intake manifold now..

@jacoviii just curious why the thumbs down, very confused

Back