• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Got a new towing rig! ...and mods to 1500 Ram

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @OperationROL for the watertight verification. I'm sold on the Bak Flip VP -- vinyl covered to look like one smooth cover.

Let the modding begin.... Here's my first noticeable addition. I gotta Mark out to my home town!

image.jpg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Very nice, and even nicer license plate ;)

Thinkin about snagging an ecodiesel this weekend. Tundra mileage is atrocious, and I love my TDI's...

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very nice, and even nicer license plate ;)

Thinkin about snagging an ecodiesel this weekend. Tundra mileage is atrocious, and I love my TDI's...
If you do end up with an Ecodiesel this weekend please let us know. I know several forum members have test driven one, but not bitten the bullet. I'm curious about the same powertrain, but wrapped in a Grand Cherokee for my wife's next vehicle. Everybody that I know agrees with you about the Tundra mileage.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well, it won't be this weekend, but soon. They are having trouble finding exactly what I want. I'll definitely report back when I get it. I actually considered the GC too, it just doesn't make sense to pay more for it when all this will ever do is tow our boat. Just sits in the driveway the rest of the time.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Im looking to stream/mirror my iPhone screen and audio to my dash screen. Here's a product that does it but I've already purchased the above rax jailbreak system.

http://www.coastaletech.com/MYGIG.htm
So, this little black box must be available by someone else, right?

I know that I could install an Apple TV and stream through that but I'm all ears to anyone's thoughts.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My new 3rd brake light with camera and harness arrived. I'm loving the black and clear look verses the stock red plastic. Now I need to find time to install it.....and install my new Cobra Jet Steering!
image.jpg

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf I've emailed the company on the jailbreak and haven't heard anything back from them. Did you call or email them to get responses?

Have you added iphone playback through your jailbreak? was wondering how you switch from the cargo cam to the iphone?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, I have emailed back and forth with no issue. That was after I purchased it though.

To switch sources you will go to the settings (i think) button on the touch screen and there will be an icon labeled "cargo cam" which you press to activate the toggle of cameras or sources. You can toggle through the cams or sources by pressing the back button on the dash.

I have not hooked anything up yet. I am not sure how we can use the iphone to stream video without installing an apple tv or buying the set up from the coastal tech link above. I will probably install a portable dvd player and use a rca y so that I can switch from a dvd player and cargo cam.

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have the backflip and love it. How do you like the Ram so far? Any issues. I have been considering one.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It shows up underneath control on your touchscreen.
image.jpg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the backflip and love it. How do you like the Ram so far? Any issues. I have been considering one.
I absolutely love the new RAM. I have driven a ram since 2001. I am getting used to the eight speed transmission. I think ram beats all of the competition in regards to interior styling and functionality. They all have good motors and transmissions across the board with all makes it comes down to style and options.

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It shows up underneath control on your touchscreen.
View attachment 16401
awesome, I couldn't figure out how to toggle between the front, cargo/ipod. At least that is how I am planning on setting it up. Wouldn't you be able to use a cable similar to this one to connect the phone? that is what I am planning on doing if I can get a response from them on a couple questions.....http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/321486101119?lpid=82&chn=ps

or apples brand for a lot more http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC748ZM/A/apple-composite-av-cable?fnode=3a

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
awesome, I couldn't figure out how to toggle between the front, cargo/ipod. At least that is how I am planning on setting it up. Wouldn't you be able to use a cable similar to this one to connect the phone? that is what I am planning on doing if I can get a response from them on a couple questions.....http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/321486101119?lpid=82&chn=ps

or apples brand for a lot more http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC748ZM/A/apple-composite-av-cable?fnode=3a
Those cables only work for iPhone 3,3G,and 4. And iPad 1&2.

Newer phones and pads have to use Bluetooth to stream to proprietary equipment like ape TV. That's wht I'm so interested in that coastal tech product. They are the only ones who cracked the code so far!

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
30 pin to lightning adapter won't work? If so, that sucks :(

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
30 pin to lightning adapter won't work? If so, that sucks :(
That won't work. You'll need to use a lightning to HDMI cable and a HDMI to component converter.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you want to stream from your phone get the coastaletech unit.

I'm bummed about it but I will just hand my boy an iPad and earphones to keep the peace on road trips!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just drove my new ecodiesel home. Tradesman 4x4 crew cab w/uconnect. Had everything I wanted except a rearview camera, gonna have to add that soon. Only put 4 miles on so far, but I like it!