• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Half key turn then starts?

ReelFishingSWFL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am in possession of a 2017 Yamaha FSH 190 sport, which unfortunately seems to be experiencing a rather peculiar issue. It appears that unless I engage the key halfway, release it, patiently await the computer to initiate its booting process after the audible beep, and only then proceed to turn the key, the engine will start. Should I attempt to turn the key prior to following this specific sequence, the engine will merely struggle to ignite. Consequently, I find myself in the position of having to engage the key halfway, release it, activate auxiliary mode, and subsequently turn it on. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or recommendations you may have regarding this matter. Thank you! (2 new batteries, new voltage regulator, checked all connections and cleaned any rust)

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Perhaps this has been your Issue all along?

I turn both keys on to the run position, wait for the connext to boot, then start my engines. But, I’ve also just gone straight to start and then engines fire up.. It might be worth your while to try a new switch, if the run position of the switch is messed up then you‘ve got a problem.

ReelFishingSWFL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Perhaps this has been your Issue all along?

I turn both keys on to the run position, wait for the connext to boot, then start my engines. But, I’ve also just gone straight to start and then engines fire up.. It might be worth your while to try a new switch, if the run position of the switch is messed up then you‘ve got a problem.
strange, my boat doesn’t have a run position. If I put it on the run position it does nothing. I have to turn the key all the way to start it.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
strange, my boat doesn’t have a run position. If I put it on the run position it does nothing. I have to turn the key all the way to start it.
Yes and when you release the key after it starts it’s in the run position…

ReelFishingSWFL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes and when you release the key after it starts it’s in the run position…
I understand. It seems that turning the key to the run position boot up the system, just like in your case. However, in my situation, the system remains unresponsive. I purchase a new ignition switch. Let's wait and see if this resolves the issue.