• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Has anyone installed this particular shut off/ flush valve?

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Curious/concerned on the quality , and pressure handling ability ... omg could you imagine one of these cracking under pressure while your like 10 miles off shore !

thanks in advance for any info or on this valve ..

I think i would go with all stainless ball valve... as it turns out have two similar valves rated at 45 PSI however I had no room for them in the engine bay after the repower so I stuck with my needle nose vice grips that I carry in my tool box...

Last edited:
that right there has possibilities I have plenty of room in the bilge... outstanding...

I have a 210, both of valves are bounted in the rear bilge. I use for flushing everytime, I use onboard washdown to flush, the valve keeps me from loosing half the water out the intake.

if I used the 5 wire version I get open and closed lights kinda like gear up and gear down LOL

if I used the 5 wire version I get open and closed lights kinda like gear up and gear down LOL
I just did the 2 wire to keep it simple with a double pole 3 position switch

yup normally off center DPDT Momentary contact for the up and down... i used a reversing relay to run my trim tab with a couple of momentary buttons on my starboard throttle lever...

attachment_2 (3).jpegattachment_3 (3).jpeg

yup normally off center DPDT Momentary contact for the up and down... i used a reversing relay to run my trim tab with a couple of momentary buttons on my starboard throttle lever...

View attachment 193073View attachment 193074
How do you like trim tabs in the Ocean? We usually boat around Marathon, my wife has bad arthritis in her hips and 1 1/2 - to 2 footers is her max before she is beat up to bad. As it is it takes a good 2 weeks to recover from a single day out.

How do you like trim tabs in the Ocean? We usually boat around Marathon, my wife has bad arthritis in her hips and 1 1/2 - to 2 footers is her max before she is beat up to bad. As it is it takes a good 2 weeks to recover from a single day out.
well i have one big trim tab in the center and I Love it... i use it to keep the bow down/stern up when getting on plane... I use it to stay on plane at slow speeds like 18-20 mph.... I use it as a speed brake coming off plane and to keep the stern from settling... I also use it when cruising in light 1-2' chop to smooth out the ride and push the bow down...

attachment - 2023-01-07T141427.294.jpgattachment - 2023-01-07T141435.672.jpg

not interested in electric valves ..but my major concern is when the valves are closed for in water flushing , would they be able to handle the pressure of the jet pump in the close position ?

not sure I understand the question... you're not flushing at WOT and unless the boat is in the water there won't be any pressure out of the pumps anywho... even at WOT running on the water whats the max PSI at the valve? prolly less than 50 till it hits the engine and drops from there.. I think depending on boat layout there are two places that a valve would be placed in the system, ahead of the "Y" and after the "Y"... the electric Valve is useful where there is no room to plumb the system (engine bay) after the "Y" that is put it in the bilge area so you can activate it remotely... placing the valve before the "Y" is more useful when flushing the engine and doesn't bleed water back through the screen so that all the flush water goes through the engine...

i would rarely use the valves only when flushing at the slip , or for tow reasons . hence no worth for me to go all high tech , . i would need them to hold pressure from flushing at slip at least 2k rpm... some of these plastic valves are rated for 35psi .. the brass ones rated for much higher have a slight choke off and although prob wouldnt be an issue i would want even flow and pressures when driving the boat !

IMHO salt water you should use 316 stainless ball valves that have stainless handles and screws... dont cheap out since this a through hull... maybe something like https://gemlux.com/collections/marine-boat-ball-valves if you need plastic... these are OOO $40 each prolly run $60 a side with fittings and clamps...

Back