• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

help please <starboard engine won't start>

fishkiller7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Starboard engine wouldnt start/ turn over I went through all the trouble shooting advice, my belief was it was totally electrical.
on a side note my stero keep going in and out on my last venture.
I noticed there was a little corrosion on the battery so i cleaned it, heres were i think i went wrong .....I sprayed electrical cleaner in the electric junctions [ wiring behind the cockpit ] now nothing digital works?
What should be my plan of action?
Spray was CRC - Lectra-Motive electric parts cleaner
Thanks

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What do you mean nothing digital works? Are you refering to the connext screen. Did you charge the battery and try to crank it again ?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Starboard engine wouldnt start/ turn over I went through all the trouble shooting advice, my belief was it was totally electrical.
on a side note my stero keep going in and out on my last venture.
I noticed there was a little corrosion on the battery so i cleaned it, heres were i think i went wrong .....I sprayed electrical cleaner in the electric junctions [ wiring behind the cockpit ] now nothing digital works?
What should be my plan of action?
Spray was CRC - Lectra-Motive electric parts cleaner
Thanks
Lectra motive should not have hurt anything, its non conductive. I’ve used this product for years and years, love it. It will still cut the finish on plastic, but it will not make it brittle and it doesn’t hurt rubber..so you would not want to use it on the connext screen.

Don’t know if you boat in salt water or fresh water.. corrosion can be a problem in fresh as well as salt but worse in salt. To that end, it sounds like you have a corrosion problem, assuming your batteries are good. The number one problem I have seen in these threads is the loss of or poor grounds. Start at the battery compartment, make sure all of the battery connections are good. While you have the batteries disconnected pull the BEP battery switch out and check all the connections on the back side of the switch for tightness and corrosion.

Next check the grounds on the engines and make sure they are all tight and corrosion free.

Pull that main junction multi pin connector apart down in the head compartment and check for corrosion. Use a strong light and a magnifying glass to look down inside the female pin. Do the same with any other multi pin connectors. Use compressed air -safety glasses required- to blow out all the connectors. You can spray some lectramotive down in there for the heck of it then blow it out with compressed air.

Any connections you pull apart should have a light coating of dielectric grease put on the connectors to prevent corrosion in the future. This also keeps the water out…

Initially when I read the title of your post, my mind immediately went to the swim deck /clean out hatch switches. Those switches in addition to killing the engines if running, will also keep the engines from turning over, so there needs to be some suggestions there as well.

fishkiller7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
digital like the displays in the center console- screen, radio, fish finder, speed etc, I did charge battery port side still cranks but starboard nothing

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
digital like the displays in the center console- screen, radio, fish finder, speed etc, I did charge battery port side still cranks but starboard nothing
You definitely have a bad connection or series of connections. If you look at the single line diagram, the grounds are common and tie together. All of the wiring is labeled on the wires themselves. Get in there and pull the connections apart and go over everything with a fine tooth comb, you will find it.