• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

High car payment? No problem…

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'd wager to say that the taxes take that difference away pretty quickly, let alone housing costs.

But yeah, I feel for the guy. I knew a few guys that were 1st generation Americans like that. They felt like even though they worked a ridiculous amount of hours, they were still so far ahead of the game by moving to the US. I had a co versatile with a friend who moved here from Colombia once, I asked him why he worked 6 or 7 days a week and never took any real time off. He said that he moved to the US to work and build a future he couldn't in Colombia, so why would he waste time not working. Can't fault his logic I suppose. He also had some quirks about this gs he would spend insane money on, I think it was just his version of the American Dream.
Right. "it was just his version of the American Dream" I think this applies to some immature people who immigrate here: a lot of luxury items that we can easily afford in the USA are difficult to have in some countries. Then to come here, work in the service/construction industry with little training, and suddenly those items are now obtainable. Then they can show for everyone back home. When my ex came to live here from Brazil, her first order of business was to buy a Louis Vuitton bag. It sounded crazy to me, but for her it was something she always wanted, but was difficult to buy in Rio de janeiro.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Right. "it was just his version of the American Dream" I think this applies to some immature people who immigrate here: a lot of luxury items that we can easily afford in the USA are difficult to have in some countries. Then to come here, work in the service/construction industry with little training, and suddenly those items are now obtainable. Then they can show for everyone back home. When my ex came to live here from Brazil, her first order of business was to buy a Louis Vuitton bag. It sounded crazy to me, but for her it was something she always wanted, but was difficult to buy in Rio de janeiro.
For sure. It's not just.immigrants though. A buddy of mine grew up in rural NY. His family was like, a legacy of.poverty, he was the first person in his family to graduate college. After working for eh, 2 or 3 years, he went out and bought a loaded silverado ltz 2500 duramax. It was a giant ass truck he only used to commute to work, but it was his American dream. He drove it back to New York to show off to his dad and family that he had made it.

He was paying 1000 a month for it for 84 months. I told him it was financial suicide, he ended up having to refinance it after like 4 years for another 84 months. So he'll be paying on that truck for literally a decade. He also put a trailer hitch through the tailgate and sideswiped a concrete pillar with it in the first year.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
For sure. It's not just.immigrants though. A buddy of mine grew up in rural NY. His family was like, a legacy of.poverty, he was the first person in his family to graduate college. After working for eh, 2 or 3 years, he went out and bought a loaded silverado ltz 2500 duramax. It was a giant ass truck he only used to commute to work, but it was his American dream. He drove it back to New York to show off to his dad and family that he had made it.

He was paying 1000 a month for it for 84 months. I told him it was financial suicide, he ended up having to refinance it after like 4 years for another 84 months. So he'll be paying on that truck for literally a decade. He also put a trailer hitch through the tailgate and sideswiped a concrete pillar with it in the first year.
These are some poor judgement examples by common sense, but at the of the day these people bought their dream car. You only live once, I have a hard time judging anyone just living their dreams…. They may never have the chance to buy that vehicle again.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
These are some poor judgement examples by common sense, but at the of the day these people bought their dream car. You only live once, I have a hard time judging anyone just living their dreams…. They may never have the chance to buy that vehicle again.
My friend with the truck did regret it eventually. He overestimated his truck need, and ended up regretting not just getting a 1500 and stretching his finances so far to get it.

He really got.it because he wanted to impress his father who was dying. He ended up being disappointed that the big truck didn't impress his dad the way he thought it would, his dad ended up telling him he was more proud of the person he had become than the truck. Sorta heartwarming, but also sort of gutwrenching .

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
My friend with the truck did regret it eventually. He overestimated his truck need, and ended up regretting not just getting a 1500 and stretching his finances so far to get it.

He really got.it because he wanted to impress his father who was dying. He ended up being disappointed that the big truck didn't impress his dad the way he thought it would, his dad ended up telling him he was more proud of the person he had become than the truck. Sorta heartwarming, but also sort of gutwrenching .
well that’s depressing lol

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
well that’s depressing lol
It's actually FAR more depressing than that, I left almost all of the depressing parts out.

My friend married a girl with a kid from another guy, who she ended up moving him in with them (in the house her and husband 1 had bought together), routinely kicked my friend out after huge fights, she got involved in with the ex husband again, and my friends dad instilled in him that divorce was a sin against God. So my friend slept in his truck more than a few times, now lives with his on again off again wife who sleeps with her ex that also lives with them, and cat get out of the situation because before his dad died he told my friend that he had to take care of his wife and her son.

So yeah, his life is pretty depressing.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It's actually FAR more depressing than that, I left almost all of the depressing parts out.

My friend married a girl with a kid from another guy, who she ended up moving him in with them (in the house her and husband 1 had bought together), routinely kicked my friend out after huge fights, she got involved in with the ex husband again, and my friends dad instilled in him that divorce was a sin against God. So my friend slept in his truck more than a few times, now lives with his on again off again wife who sleeps with her ex that also lives with them, and cat get out of the situation because before his dad died he told my friend that he had to take care of his wife and her son.

So yeah, his life is pretty depressing.
Damn. Myself and a lot of my friends all believe that marriage isn't a good deal. It's bad out there lol I can't even take it seriously anymore. Dating has become a form of entertainment and I have a ton of wild stories. I guess only a few people get lucky, hit the relationship lottery, and get happily married.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Damn. Myself and a lot of my friends all believe that marriage isn't a good deal. It's bad out there lol I can't even take it seriously anymore. Dating has become a form of entertainment and I have a ton of wild stories. I guess only a few people get lucky, hit the relationship lottery, and get happily married.
This sounds like an opportunity for another thread to tell those "wild stories" dude!!! Let's hear them!!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Coming up 4 years of marriage, 12 years together. It isn't always perfect but I wouldn't trade places with any of my single friends. I couldn't even imagine dating in todays environment.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This sounds like an opportunity for another thread to tell those "wild stories" dude!!! Let's hear them!!
Most of the stories would get me banned from the forum lol. And what if one of the crazies stalk my profile and find these stories? I bet there's 1 who's going to read this post. Just in case..

Hi livia

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bringing it back…
Folks willing to spend too great a portion of their income to finance a purchase is one of the things driving both debt levels and inflation. This is a societal problem.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Coming up 4 years of marriage, 12 years together. It isn't always perfect but I wouldn't trade places with any of my single friends. I couldn't even imagine dating in todays environment.
Same, didnt' win the lottery, had to work at it. Totally worth the effort. One predictable crazy is way better than a bunch of random crazy!

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Same, didnt' win the lottery, had to work at it. Totally worth the effort. One predictable crazy is way better than a bunch of random crazy!
I'm a girm.believer that society and the media putting this idea of true loves and all that out there is a bigndriver of divorces and a low marriage rate. People aren't willing to work on it anymore, they just say "well it wouldn't be hard with the right person".

Having 2 people coexist with all the stresses of life is hard enough. Then throw in raising kids, how effed up the world is, different backgrounds, different priorities, thousands of ways for people to be made insecure, and a constant inundation of unhelpful stuff, it's a miracle anyone makes it work.

My sister and a few of my friends are painfully single. They're all convinced "they just haven't met the right person" and "all guys are dbags". They're not willing to accept any blame in that their expectations are perfection, and they're very willing to write someone off over a small issue because it's so easy tonfind a new person to talk to via apps and shit.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm a girm.believer that society and the media putting this idea of true loves and all that out there is a bigndriver of divorces and a low marriage rate. People aren't willing to work on it anymore, they just say "well it wouldn't be hard with the right person".

Having 2 people coexist with all the stresses of life is hard enough. Then throw in raising kids, how effed up the world is, different backgrounds, different priorities, thousands of ways for people to be made insecure, and a constant inundation of unhelpful stuff, it's a miracle anyone makes it work.

My sister and a few of my friends are painfully single. They're all convinced "they just haven't met the right person" and "all guys are dbags". They're not willing to accept any blame in that their expectations are perfection, and they're very willing to write someone off over a small issue because it's so easy tonfind a new person to talk to via apps and shit.
Add to that, people are focusing on finding the right person instead of working on becoming the right person.

But I can sympathize with your sister and friends. It's difficult out there. I just wish women would stop doing things like throwing up in my truck or attempting to rape me and slapping me on my boat in a public place. Then my friend had a woman go amber heard in his bed. Another woman he complained that her teeth fell out and then later threw a glass cup at the bar. He also dated a virgin bartender from a strip club and then took her to st maarten. They never slept together and I nearly died of laughter when he told me that she's a virgin.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just found out we are getting a new Volvo. I fall into the, just pay a payment and never own anything. But sometimes you just get lucky with a hookup. In this case my sister works at the Volvo plant in Charleston. Because I’m a direct relative I get to participate in the Volvo Employee Lease Program. Basically I get a new Volvo every year with a lease payment and the mileage cap before penalty is 28,000 miles. They take care of all the service. But here’s the kicker. They cover the insurance through the fleet manager. So insurance is included. We are about to get our 3rd XC90 in 4 years. The last 2 I custom ordered so they were built to my specification and then shipped over. Takes about 4 months. Due to supply chain shortages this time I have to pick from a list of XC90s. The payment with insurance included on a fully loaded XC90 that retails for $85k is $706.11/month. In my mind it seems like a good deal. But like others have stated, I’ll never actually own the car. But we like driving a brand new car every year.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just found out we are getting a new Volvo. I fall into the, just pay a payment and never own anything. But sometimes you just get lucky with a hookup. In this case my sister works at the Volvo plant in Charleston. Because I’m a direct relative I get to participate in the Volvo Employee Lease Program. Basically I get a new Volvo every year with a lease payment and the mileage cap before penalty is 28,000 miles. They take care of all the service. But here’s the kicker. They cover the insurance through the fleet manager. So insurance is included. We are about to get our 3rd XC90 in 4 years. The last 2 I custom ordered so they were built to my specification and then shipped over. Takes about 4 months. Due to supply chain shortages this time I have to pick from a list of XC90s. The payment with insurance included on a fully loaded XC90 that retails for $85k is $706.11/month. In my mind it seems like a good deal. But like others have stated, I’ll never actually own the car. But we like driving a brand new car every year.
That is a SMOKING good deal on a brand new XC90.

Can I be your long lost brother from another mother?

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's a great deal if you're OK with th xc90s capabilities and like to lease new cars.

Bmw has a similar program, no M stuff though.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Wow on the volvo deal.

So my Model S was totaled. I'm looking around for my next people mover and I reach out to the local Ford dealer. Hey guys, you have any Mache E? They say why yes, and send me the link. A USED 2021 for 83K. Yeah, no, bye!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was notified that My reservation for a Ford Lightening is coming up and that I need to get with the dealer shortly, etc. Unfortunately I am going to have to pass on it.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Wow on the volvo deal.

So my Model S was totaled. I'm looking around for my next people mover and I reach out to the local Ford dealer. Hey guys, you have any Mache E? They say why yes, and send me the link. A USED 2021 for 83K. Yeah, no, bye!
I was talking to my friend about Ford recently. We agreed that every time we go into a Ford dealer, it's like they don't want to sell us a car. Then there was the crazy supply chain issues with the bronco and over MSRP.