• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hit rocky section in river, destroyed impellers.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I would order whatever you could find in stock. I needed 14 different parts after my drive shaft broke, took 3.5 months for all the OEM warranty parts to come in. Longest wait was on some spacers and the pump housing, first parts to come in took a month. I would order what you need, and give it the ol college try to make what you have work for the time being.
I'm starting to order spare OEM parts so they will be on hand when needed. Because with Yamaha, it's "inbustwetrust"

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I guess i am in the minority here beacuse if and when my oem impellers get damaged, i would never ever replace them with oem. The oems are straight pitch and cavitate like a sob. Look at all the cavitation and L13 threads we have on this forum. The oem impellers just wont hold the power. You change those impellers out to a pair of solas concords and you will never cavitate again. You wont gain top speed but your low end acceleration will be night and day.
Do this if your a big wakesurfer for sure.

You are not in the minority, as a matter of fact you are wise.
There is a general principal when it comes to mechanical devices such as cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles. If you experience a failure or damage resulting in you being forced to repair/replace, why would you put the same old crap in there if there is better more reliable/capable aftermarket options.

If you have mechanical ability, this is especially true. If you are just a weekend warrior, think about it this way:

Your huge cost will be the labor involved in this, if you are forced to spend huge money on labor, why wouldnt you make it better/stronger/faster.
**If you even say warranty, I'll tell you to go home and take a nap nanna.

Above sounds like great advice. If you need more, the dude that own the wake-wdge company is on here and has extensive knowledge in this regard relevant to your specific situation. Hit him up. ( I cant remember his handle).

Last edited:

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Thoughts on the Double Stack impellers
unnecessary really. they do their job for sure but at the cost of top end. the solas concrods will hold all the power you will ever throw at them, atleast from our boats, and you wont lose top end.

pitch you would order the same as stock. only difference is that they are progressive pitch so on my ski for example, that impeller starts off at 13 and ends at 18. when ordering you dont worry about the first #. the last # is the one that is important for matching your pitch to the oem. its probably around 21