• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How I got my boat clean today

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Posted the below on my neighborhood facebook page yesterday. Got a reply in minutes from two brothers in high school that I know are salt of the earth hard working young men. They spent 4 solid hours at it today and given the two of them I paid better than originally indicated. They did an awesome job my body is not sore!

My facebook post yesterday …
“Any motivated and hard working (by “Boomer” standards) teenagers or young adults with a bit of grit willing to do some scrubbing for $$$? My 24 foot boat needs washed then scrubbed with tub and tile cleaner after sitting in the lake all summer. It is a sucky job that will take hours with much of it rolling around on a creeper under the boat. I have all supplies, gloves, and glasses. Arms and hands will be a bit sore by the time the job is done. I will also be around for supervision.

Pay will be between $100 - $200 for the complete job depending on how well it is done and how much time/effort is put in. Quitting mid job will get far less but a fair amount for the work put it. Opportunity to make even more in future with polish and wax if job is done well.

My son use to help me do this job with the trade off being plenty of time on a board behind the boat. He is off at college now so there is opportunity to make some good cash if up to task. If you know of someone please have them PM me directly.”

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Love seeing positive posts like this!

I am curious as to how much you paid them in total?

There is a young man I know, really good kid, that usually likes to earn money, but he has balked at jobs like cutting down weeds, and stacking firewood that is already split for $10 cash. I usually pay him more than that at the end. It’s too bad that he eschews the manual labor. If was willing to come here and work for me he’d be well on his way to getting his first car.