• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to get your 2016+ AR192 or AR195 in a garage less than 7'

Mike P

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@NJ-JetGuy
Looking at getting one of the new 195 S models this winter.

I was doing some looking around, my garage opening dimensions are almost exactly what yours are. 8' 10" wide, 83" tall. I think we're ok on the height.

The specs for the older AR 192 and 190's was an 8'0" beam. The 2019+ models have a 8'2" beam.

Found this thread that says the older trailers were 104" wide ( 8' 8" wide). https://jetboaters.net/threads/ar-192-trailer-width.10865/

I'm definitely OK on length, probably ok on height with the mod, but wonder if she's going to be too wide... Anyone have a measurement on a 2019 width?
You are in the exact same "boat" as me. We're looking to purchase the 2020 195S very very soon and these dimensions are a huge deciding factor. My dealer doesn't have any 195S models in yet. Otherwise, I'd see if I can have them measure the new trailer. Please post on this forum if you ended up finding an answer. I feel comfortable with the height now thanks to @haknslash Thanks!

NJ-JetGuy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You are in the exact same "boat" as me. We're looking to purchase the 2020 195S very very soon and these dimensions are a huge deciding factor. My dealer doesn't have any 195S models in yet. Otherwise, I'd see if I can have them measure the new trailer. Please post on this forum if you ended up finding an answer. I feel comfortable with the height now thanks to @haknslash Thanks!
Ended up with a 212 Limited S and storing outdoors. Needed more boat!

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Mike P

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
First off, huge thank you to @haknslash for starting this thread. We got our new 2020 195S home yesterday. All we did was take the bolts and washers off (fiberglass sucks!!) and then had to manually push the garage door up a bit during reverse. The boat squeezed right in. My question is, if I support the tower (temporarily using bungee in picture but will use a strap), can I just leave the washers and nuts off the steel cables? Can I skip the loctite portion of the mod? I'm assuming that hardware is only there to lock the tower in place in the downward position and serves no other purpose? Thanks so much in advance.

Attachments

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats on getting it in!

You don't have to use the extensions if you're ok with the tower resting on the steering wheel temporarily and then raise the tower off the steering wheel once you get the boat inside the garage. I did that for a brief period but it got old fast having to get inside the boat every time I put it in the garage just to get the tower off the steering wheel using a support, so that is why I made extensions to keep the tower hovering just over the steering wheel. If you don't use the extensions just don't leave the tower resting on the wheel for long as it will create an invention from the weight. Probably not good for the steering assembly either. I know it sucks getting in the compartment to work on installing the extension but once you do it you'll never have to deal with the tower or climbing in the boat inside the garage again. Worth the effort IMHO!

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I never reinstalled the washers. When moving the boat in or out I rest the tower on a heavy towel while sitting against the steering wheel. After getting it in the garage I took a small piece of plywood as a base and screwed it to the bottom of a 2x4 that I use to support the tower about an 1" off the steering wheel so it's not constantly sitting on the wheel. I just did a radius cut on the top of the 2x4 to roughly match the tower diameter and put weather stripping on the 2x4 where it contacts the tower. 10 minutes work with scrapes in the garage and works great.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm fortunate to be able to put the tower back up once I'm in the garage. So i'm back in the boat each in/out cycle anyway. I also tend to leave things "wet and messy" on Sunday nights return, then clean the boat out on a weeknight. Gives me a reason to mess about in the garage with a beer and shoot the breeze with the neighbors too :D :D

Mike P

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Congrats on getting it in!

You don't have to use the extensions if you're ok with the tower resting on the steering wheel temporarily and then raise the tower off the steering wheel once you get the boat inside the garage. I did that for a brief period but it got old fast having to get inside the boat every time I put it in the garage just to get the tower off the steering wheel using a support, so that is why I made extensions to keep the tower hovering just over the steering wheel. If you don't use the extensions just don't leave the tower resting on the wheel for long as it will create an invention from the weight. Probably not good for the steering assembly either. I know it sucks getting in the compartment to work on installing the extension but once you do it you'll never have to deal with the tower or climbing in the boat inside the garage again. Worth the effort IMHO!
Thank you!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Another thing you could do is install some heavy duty hooks in the ceiling of the garage, screwing into studs of course. Then use some quality straps to suspend the tower.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another thing you could do is install some heavy duty hooks in the ceiling of the garage, screwing into studs of course. Then use some quality straps to suspend the tower.
I think this is the thing to do. Keep the loading off the shelving support there.

@Mike P
Be aware though the tower on mine touches the port side glass frame slightly before the steering wheel. I would be cautious of straps when releasing, and make dang sure the tower didn't "slam" down.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Mike P We pick up our 195S on Saturday the 29th. Your pictures are not helping us get through the waiting period...:) Any idea if it will fit through a 10 foot tall door with tower up? Specs say it's over 12 feet tall on trailer.

Last edited:

Mike P

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@Mike P We pick up our 195S on Saturday the 29th. Your pictures are not helping us get through the waiting period...:) Any idea if it will fit through a 10 foot tall door with tower up? Specs say it's over 12 feet tall on trailer.
I know the feeling. I check on her in the garage a few times a day since I don't believe it's real. Don't get to take her out for the first time until Saturday.

I can't measure for you since she's in the garage but 12 feet sounds too high. I just checked the specs and saw 122" = 10'-2" so you'll just miss it unless you let some air out of the tires. Sounds like you could easily fold down, back in, and then put the tower back up if you want. The tower is super easy to fold down.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I know the feeling. I check on her in the garage a few times a day since I don't believe it's real. Don't get to take her out for the first time until Saturday.

I can't measure for you since she's in the garage but 12 feet sounds too high. I just checked the specs and saw 122" = 10'-2" so you'll just miss it unless you let some air out of the tires. Sounds like you could easily fold down, back in, and then put the tower back up if you want. The tower is super easy to fold down.
That is what I get for reading the specs without my glasses. I read that as 12' 2"..... Thanks for the clarification.

C.Lomeli

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
First off, huge thank you to @haknslash for starting this thread. We got our new 2020 195S home yesterday. All we did was take the bolts and washers off (fiberglass sucks!!) and then had to manually push the garage door up a bit during reverse. The boat squeezed right in. My question is, if I support the tower (temporarily using bungee in picture but will use a strap), can I just leave the washers and nuts off the steel cables? Can I skip the loctite portion of the mod? I'm assuming that hardware is only there to lock the tower in place in the downward position and serves no other purpose? Thanks so much in advance.
@Mike P Congrats on the new 195S. Looking into one for myself. How is it in person? Had a slight doubt about going 19' and hoping there was no regret about going bigger but after seeing this helpful thread, I'm convinced that getting to store it at home is a huge plus.

I'm going to private message you a question (or two) about your buying experience with the 195S if thats ok.

Mike P

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@Mike P Congrats on the new 195S. Looking into one for myself. How is it in person? Had a slight doubt about going 19' and hoping there was no regret about going bigger but after seeing this helpful thread, I'm convinced that getting to store it at home is a huge plus.

I'm going to private message you a question (or two) about your buying experience with the 195S if thats ok.
We absolutely love it! It's our first boat ever so there was a learning curve all around from trailering, loading/unloading, low speed maneuvering, etc. We've been out 5 times and everything gets easier each time. I did install Cobra fins which helped me a lot with docking but that's likely because I'm such a beginner. Storing in the garage was most important to me and I knew we didn't need a large boat since it's just me, my wife, and dog. We've got the garage storage down to about 10 minutes which makes it worth it to me. I can take a few pics one day next time I back it in to show you my process if you want. Zero regrets about choosing the 19' size. Only issue is that it doesn't take much wind to cause choppy water on big lakes and this boat doesn't handle that well in chop (for me as a novice). Otherwise, it's definitely big enough and has a surprising amount of storage! I'll respond to your PM questions separately.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would second Mikes comments regarding wind and chop. With Bimini top up it was a challenge to get it back on the trailer. My wife gave up after five trys and it took me two attempts. And this is with the Cobra fins and trailer guides. But practice makes perfect. Overall very pleased with the new boat. Just make sure everyone is seated before you goose the throttle. Otherwise person overboard...:)

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Does anyone know from the factory I know this is a stretch as they don’t seem very consistent but where these stops all the way up? Reinstalled as I have a 8’ door now and never got around to it last year. Assuming from the top nut, washer, rubber washer, heavy duty washer nut right?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone know from the factory I know this is a stretch as they don’t seem very consistent but where these stops all the way up? Reinstalled as I have a 8’ door now and never got around to it last year. Assuming from the top nut, washer, rubber washer, heavy duty washer nut right?
That's the right order of assembly. As the the factory location on the threaded cable end.....I have no idea. Just make sure the bottom but is fully threaded and you're good. Kinda is what it is honestly

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
That's the right order of assembly. As the the factory location on the threaded cable end.....I have no idea. Just make sure the bottom but is fully threaded and you're good. Kinda is what it is honestly
Put them all the way up, clears the door even the wakeboard rack. Man can’t believe I didn’t do this sooner, this is so slick to be able to not use a saw horse.E54948F6-43B4-48C1-8A9F-3D63F7C4BA14.jpeg