• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to stop the Bimini Straps from vibrating/irritating noises in the winds?

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Well had our first weekend on the “new to us” 2012 Seadoo Challenger 210SE with the twin 215’s.

Went with the Seadoo over the Yamaha for a few reasons: single-lever operation for the twins (wife will be driving solo as well and didnt like the dual throttles on the older Yamaha’s), closed-loop cooling as we are in Michigan but will be traveling to FL from time-time…..and also the docking and ski modes….ok and for the 430hp lol

First boat ownership in 20 years, and first jet ever.

I’d like to report no rookie mistakes……but ONLY because of all the threads of what not to do (thank you to all those of you that shared to save the rest of us lol).

My only issue is I could not get the front straps to not vibrate/“sing” on the Bimini when the winds picked up, even at anchor. I got them as tight as I could, but it made little difference.

Is there a strap/other product/adjustable arm to use instead of these straps? Thx

I can't speak to your setup, but straps vibrate in the wind because of the shape and tightness. A trick we use when carrying a canoe/kayaks on the roof of vehicles to prevent such a thing is to simply add a twist in the strap. Straight straps acts as a guitar. Adding a single twist stops it from vibrating. Works very well. I bet it will work well for you too.

I just read something the other day that gave the term for what that was called. It was a very specific term for the "wind induced lateral oscillation" that happens. It was a very succinct term, and I'll be damned if I can remember what it was. Google isn't helping me sound any smarter either :(

Anywho.....everyone else already solved it. Put a twist or two in it. used to do this for the straps on my Rinker all the time. Still do it when I put ratchet straps on something.

Haha WOW…..thank you everyone!!!! Now i have a reason to go back out lol……

Back