• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Hull Cleaning Recommendations

Good call - always gotta rewax! Also, I never had to scrub it on before, i just wiped it on with a gloved hand (or swiffer pad on a stick) and let it sit, it rinsed it right off.
Both ways probably work the same. I just had an old beat up brush on a stick laying around and found it easier than crawling underneath the boat :p made sure to label that brush as acid wash only.

Directly apply the hull cleaner in small divisions at a time, following the manufacturer’s instructions on how to use it. Use a soft-bristled brush or foam wet with the cleaner, let it settle for five minutes or longer for heavier stains.
Get your washing bucket ready to rinse and wipe dry each application to avoid the possibility of withering the finish. Withering may include blisters when acidic components or chemicals stay on the hull surface much longer. Polish and wax to finish a good coat, and even do second coats to prevent ingrained stains into the hull.

Can you take a picture of the 2008 Axis GT 24 and post it here, PLEASE, I have been asking for 4 or 5 posts now, maybe more. Really interested to see what a 2008 Axis GT 24 looks like. What does withering the finish mean? In 60+ years around boats I have never heard that term while cleaning the hull.

If you trailer your boat, use an old towel to wipe the scum line off while the hull is still wet right after you load it. It’ll wipe right off and only takes a few minutes. It gets much harder to remove after it dries.

Starbrite Spider Away

HOLY CRAP that stuff is expensive! I was going to tell you about bifenthrin, but I figured I'd check to see what the ingredients of that Starbrite stuff was, since you might not be inclined to use bifenthrin (or be able to have it shipped to VT). Seems like you'd be able to make your own Starbrite version, since they give you the concentrations right on the bottle. The peppermint oil is about the only thing that you might have to source, if your wife isn't into essential oil stuff.

How long does that stuff last? Reapply after a rain, or is it rainfast after it dries, and you simply reapply once every ______? In the concentrations I use bifenthrin, I keep it away from the water, but I know for certain that there's homeowner-level concentrations that don't have any such precautions, although they're useless after about 2 weeks, but vinegar and peppermint oil seems like it'd be worth getting the supplies if it lasts for those 2 weeks as well.

Got anything for snakes? ?

HOLY CRAP that stuff is expensive! I was going to tell you about bifenthrin, but I figured I'd check to see what the ingredients of that Starbrite stuff was, since you might not be inclined to use bifenthrin (or be able to have it shipped to VT). Seems like you'd be able to make your own Starbrite version, since they give you the concentrations right on the bottle. The peppermint oil is about the only thing that you might have to source, if your wife isn't into essential oil stuff.

How long does that stuff last? Reapply after a rain, or is it rainfast after it dries, and you simply reapply once every ______? In the concentrations I use bifenthrin, I keep it away from the water, but I know for certain that there's homeowner-level concentrations that don't have any such precautions, although they're useless after about 2 weeks, but vinegar and peppermint oil seems like it'd be worth getting the supplies if it lasts for those 2 weeks as well.

Got anything for snakes? ?

It depends on how much rain. It will last a quick shower but you will need to reapply after anything heavy. We try to use it under protected areas like the dodger and bimini covers. The spiders will let us know when it is time to reapply. Snakes????

Edit: she knows essential oils...we make this. EquiScents Body Liniment for Horses, Humans & Dogs We paused production and took the website down during the pandemic.

Last edited:
I've always had good luck with knock off magic erasers

Last edited:
You appear to be correct on that. That said I do mainly use it on the non-skid surfaces it takes pollen and oak leaf stains out like nothing else (I now know why)

Ditto on the toilet bowl cleaner. Zepp toilet bowl cleaner 8$ for 3L and it’s a high viscosity so it stays where it’s sprayed. Spray it, scrub it on and wait 10 minutes. Literally science fiction how well this stuff works. It will strip wax however. I followed up with a bottle of VS721 BOTTOM COAT and have MILD yellowing at the end of the season. Mind you, I wet slip. So leaving it in the water for 6 months only to see a slight colour change does not bother me. View attachment 155082

Almost to the point where I need to pull the boat and deal with this. It's been wet slipped for months.

But my hull is black - can I use the Zepp product or a Star Brite product, or are those only for white hulls?

Almost to the point where I need to pull the boat and deal with this. It's been wet slipped for months.

But my hull is black - can I use the Zepp product or a Star Brite product, or are those only for white hulls?

Yes, it'll work. It may not be as amazing a transformation, but your rinse water will show the crap you removed

The plus for you is that your black hull won't show dirt as much, so I'd recommend cutting it 50/50, scrub to distribute, and let sit for 5 minutes or so. Wet your brush, go around and brush again one more time, and start rinsing when you get back to your starting point

Wear nitrile gloves and stand upwind of your spray, or wear a mask while spraying. It's very potent at full strength, but still packs a punch when diluted - ask @FSH 210 Sport 😄

Back